Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Full throttle and engine cuts out

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Black4592 
#1 ·
Hey yal'll.

I joined this website not to long ago due to a purchase of a 01 Bullitt. I've done some research on the cars and I am very enthused about the car. However, I am working some kinks out of my car and hope someone has an idea..

If I am crusing and open it to full throttle the car looses all power as if the fuel pump was disengaged and does not start pulling again until I get out of the throttle.

-- This is an automatically generated IMBOC.com message --

This is my first post. My Welcome thread is here. Please post all my welcome messages there.

#4 ·
I am assuming that you didn't drop down a gear and redline the engine.:neutral: So that maybe your hitting the rpm limiter?

Just a thought. What rpm does this car idle at? Could be a computer, modulator or sensor problem.

#9 ·
I did not come close to redlining the motor. The engine was cutting off around the 3,000 rpm range. I have a few other things to do on the Bullitt and will put a fuel filter in. Where are they located on the mustangs?

Mr.pj, the traction control light is on and has stayed on.

Thanks for ya'lls quick responses. I was getting very frustrated with my Bullitt.

#11 ·
Thanks, ya'll have been very helpful! I work in a salvage yard and have a couple good mustang contacts, so if ya'll need anything let me know. P.S. > We are parting a dead mach 1 out, is there any websites that are keeping their registry? I'll supply a vin if needed.

#12 ·
miskymoney said:
Thanks, ya'll have been very helpful! I work in a salvage yard and have a couple good mustang contacts, so if ya'll need anything let me know. P.S. > We are parting a dead mach 1 out, is there any websites that are keeping their registry? I'll supply a vin if needed.
Mach1registry.com I'm pretty sure they keep them registerd.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.