Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Funny story to share...

Today I pulled up behind a Sheriff's Deputy stopped at a stop light. I see him look in his rear view mirror as I pull up directly behind him. Light turns green, he goes and I pull up directly behind him again as he stops at the next stop light. Again, he looks in his rear view mirror as I pull up directly behind him.

Light turns green, he makes a S-L-O-W left turn to get on the I-10 west on-ramp. Then he proceeds slowly and makes sure that I'm following him up the on-ramp. Then HE FLOORS IT! I mean he REALLY FLOORS IT but without turning on his emergency lights!!

Maybe he was trying to trap me by enticing me into a high-speed run but I think he just wanted to show me that his Crown Victoria Police Interceptor had some gumption of its own and make me eat his dust, by golly, har-har!!

Kerrville is a small town and as far I know, I own the only Bullitt in town. The local deputies, police officers, and constabularies are good ole boys who seem to appreciate fast cars down here in the heart of the Hill Country.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Maybe he was a fan of the movie and was re-enacting the scene as the Charger?

·
Registered
44 Posts
He was probably turning slowly because he was reading/writing/listening to a call for service go out, and he probably took off after hearing about whatever it was. Not every response is one where lights/sirens are flipped on.

Just a thought.

Mike

·
Registered
8 Posts
ImEvil1 said:
He was probably turning slowly because he was reading/writing/listening to a call for service go out, and he probably took off after hearing about whatever it was. Not every response is one where lights/sirens are flipped on.

Just a thought.

Mike
Evil ?

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
Ya if would of raced him and lost he probable wouldn't of minded. But if you would of passed him , he would of given you a speeding ticket just because you beat him

·
Registered
733 Posts
bullitt4428 said:
Funny story to share...

Today I pulled up behind a Sheriff's Deputy stopped at a stop light. I see him look in his rear view mirror as I pull up directly behind him. Light turns green, he goes and I pull up directly behind him again as he stops at the next stop light. Again, he looks in his rear view mirror as I pull up directly behind him.

Light turns green, he makes a S-L-O-W left turn to get on the I-10 west on-ramp. Then he proceeds slowly and makes sure that I'm following him up the on-ramp. Then HE FLOORS IT! I mean he REALLY FLOORS IT but without turning on his emergency lights!!

Maybe he was trying to trap me by enticing me into a high-speed run but I think he just wanted to show me that his Crown Victoria Police Interceptor had some gumption of its own and make me eat his dust, by golly, har-har!!

Kerrville is a small town and as far I know, I own the only Bullitt in town. The local deputies, police officers, and constabularies are good ole boys who seem to appreciate fast cars down here in the heart of the Hill Country.
I had a deputy pull in to the fire station parking lot at 3am and left his business card stuck in my window with a note on the back letting me know he had some GT parts for sale , "A cold air intake and a DiabloSport tuner,Would add like 50 extra horsepwer to the car..." . Well if he was on patrol at 3am I knew he sleeps during the day so I called him at 2pm just to wake him up and ask about the parts, He went on and on about them then said he traded the car for a truck. When he finally shut up about the parts I asked if he was familiar with the Bullitt Edition Mustang , "Oh yeah I read alot about it.." and on he goes about it so I wait for him to shut up again before I tell him the car has a factory installed CAI from Ford Racing so I didn't need his , the car is already rated 15+ Hp over a stock GT and prior to calling him I just hung up with Diablo and as of yet they still have not released anything other than a stock tune for the Bullitt so it would be a waste of money to buy that also.He was pretty quiet after that and then said "I'm not really in any hurry to sell the parts,Just thought you may be interestd.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
FlaFyrman said:
I had a deputy pull in to the fire station parking lot at 3am and left his business card stuck in my window with a note on the back letting me know he had some GT parts for sale , "A cold air intake and a DiabloSport tuner,Would add like 50 extra horsepwer to the car..." . Well if he was on patrol at 3am I knew he sleeps during the day so I called him at 2pm just to wake him up and ask about the parts, He went on and on about them then said he traded the car for a truck. When he finally shut up about the parts I asked if he was familiar with the Bullitt Edition Mustang , "Oh yeah I read alot about it.." and on he goes about it so I wait for him to shut up again before I tell him the car has a factory installed CAI from Ford Racing so I didn't need his , the car is already rated 15+ Hp over a stock GT and prior to calling him I just hung up with Diablo and as of yet they still have not released anything other than a stock tune for the Bullitt so it would be a waste of money to buy that also.He was pretty quiet after that and then said "I'm not really in any hurry to sell the parts,Just thought you may be interestd.

maybe I am missing something here but it seems to me that a different approach might have been more in order
it sounded like this guy was a mustang and ford guy and trying to be freindly , talk some and help out , so what if he didnt know all the details of the bullitt....
and whats so funny about deliberatly waking somebody who is out protecting the public

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
texasbullitt said:
maybe I am missing something here but it seems to me that a different approach might have been more in order
it sounded like this guy was a mustang and ford guy and trying to be freindly , talk some and help out , so what if he didnt know all the details of the bullitt....
and whats so funny about deliberatly waking somebody who is out protecting the public
I've found that especially true when living in a small town like ours. Firemen (volunteer and paid), police officers, and sheriff's deputies are like to be one of your neighbors. And "like a good neighbor", they just might be there when you need 'em most. Funny thing though in the big city it always seems like "there's never a cop around when you need one". One of our neighbors is a postal employee and another one works for the Sheriff's office as a Jailor. Who knows, if I get arrested I may get an extra donut from my neighbor while in the tank!:lol:

Lots of good replies about this funny story though! I do appreciate them all.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
bullitt4428 said:
I've found that especially true when living in a small town like ours. Firemen (volunteer and paid), police officers, and sheriff's deputies are like to be one of your neighbors. And "like a good neighbor", they just might be there when you need 'em most. Funny thing though in the big city it always seems like "there's never a cop around when you need one". One of our neighbors is a postal employee and another one works for the Sheriff's office as a Jailor. Who knows, if I get arrested I may get an extra donut from my neighbor while in the tank!:lol:

Lots of good replies about this funny story though! I do appreciate them all.
I love the hill country , and have stayed at the YO just off I-10 on many an occasion..... great area and people... been too long since I have been down that a ways.... will have to rectify that soon

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
I work at night sometimes also. A call in the middle of the day is not what I want to hear :-(, unless of course it's for O/T. That spells money, and I'm on the way...! ;-)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was cruising down I-10 on my way to Homestead AFB from El Paso. TDY rules gave me plenty of time to get down there so no big hurry. I was driving a 67 Chevelle with a 3-speed on the floor. Locked up the rear wheels doing around 60 MPH and had to walk 3 miles back to Kerrville with my dog. Anyway spent 3 days there getting the tranny fixed without a car. They couldn't get a part for my tranny so I wound up with a 3-speed out of a Chevy truck. Talk about low gears but it did get me to Florida. Got rid of that tranny and put in a 4-speed with a hurst super shifter. I don't exactly miss Kerrville.

·
Premium Member
12,936 Posts
huh.....my impression of cops on I-10 El Bunghole of the world Paso is nothing but A-Hole yahoos with a chip on their shoulder who specifically targeted an out of state Mustang in the middle of a morning rush hour pack who had to cut off/squeeze the person behind me just to give me a ticket for going as fast as everyone else on that God Forsaken hell hole of a wasteland freeway! I don't ever plan on going east/west across I-10 ever again....worst route I ever took cross country and that A-hole arrogant mex cop just clinched it for me.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
BULLITT3230 said:
huh.....my impression of cops on I-10 El Bunghole of the world Paso is nothing but A-Hole yahoos with a chip on their shoulder who specifically targeted an out of state Mustang in the middle of a morning rush hour pack who had to cut off/squeeze the person behind me just to give me a ticket for going as fast as everyone else on that God Forsaken hell hole of a wasteland freeway! I don't ever plan on going east/west across I-10 ever again....worst route I ever took cross country and that A-hole arrogant mex cop just clinched it for me.
tell us how you really feel kurt....lol

some of em are exactly what you just said to, sad they can t ghet along in life without their poewer trip

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BULLITT3230 said:
Gee, the last time I checked, Mexican citizens are not allowed to serve as Texas Highway Patrol, city police, or as deputies in the sheriff's department. So I think it's safe to say your cop was not a "mex", but rather an American just like all the rest of us.

But were you indignant about your speeding ticket because he came across as arrogant, or that he was of Hispanic or Mexican extract, or both?

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,282 Posts
texasbullitt said:
Temper, temper, Mark.:smile:

·
39,282 Posts
bullitt4428 said:
Funny story to share...

I'd say there's at least a 90 percent chance that this guy was "re-inacting" the chase scene in his mind. Slow speed chase, dark green Mustang with no pony in the mirror? Yeah, he was having fun. Fun would've stopped had you floored it though. 100 percent chance.:lol:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
StvMcQueen said:
I'd say there's at least a 90 percent chance that this guy was "re-inacting" the chase scene in his mind. Slow speed chase, dark green Mustang with no pony in the mirror? Yeah, he was having fun. Fun would've stopped had you floored it though. 100 percent chance.:lol:
I'm sure you know just how much I would have liked to have had fun with him too!:lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think I know who has a chip on their shoulder.

·
39,282 Posts
bullitt4428 said:
I'm sure you know just how much I would have liked to have had fun with him too!:lol:
In the words of William Jefferson Clinton, "I feel your pain." :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts