Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been in a cave studying for the bar for the past month and I was at home earlier this week, reading something useless and completely complex when I heard the Bullitt come home. My wife had taken it to work that day cause I certainly have not been driving anywhere. Then something odd happened she didn't come in the house. Our dog takes it very personally when she knows that Mommy or Daddy is home (a surety when the garage door opens) and you don't promptly come in the door to be greeted by her. So after some whining and a stare or two, I got up and looked out the window.

A 2001 Bullitt had followed my wife home for several miles just to pull up in my cul de sac to inquire about the Bullitt. She chatted with him for a while, showed him the car, and then he left before I could come out of the house and claim her (my wife) as my own. :wink:

·
Registered
969 Posts
sounds like the 01 bullitt was "4nicating" with your 08 bullitt. :lol: :lol: :lol: there is a shelby gt in my town (population 5,000) that i have attempted to get to pull over to chat with, and have had no success doing so. maybe "4nicating" is my best way to connect. good story!

·
Premium Member
12,937 Posts
Back in the day, I rat raced around in my Dad's '63 Studebaker Avanti....for only a 289 that thing would tear up most of the muscle of the day. Anyway, I did the same thing one day in the 70's...followed a woman who was driving an Avanti (you just didn't see many of those on the road)....although I was in a '68 Ford F250 at the moment.....she got really nervous and eventually pulled into a driveway that was not her own, cracked the window a hair and inquired what the hell did I want following her around and she was going to go home and call the police on me! LOL That was the end of my following people home days! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
BULLITT3230 said:
Back in the day, I rat raced around in my Dad's '63 Studebaker Avanti....for only a 289 that thing would tear up most of the muscle of the day. Anyway, I did the same thing one day in the 70's...followed a woman who was driving an Avanti (you just didn't see many of those on the road)....although I was in a '68 Ford F250 at the moment.....she got really nervous and eventually pulled into a driveway that was not her own, cracked the window a hair and inquired what the hell did I want following her around and she was going to go home and call the police on me! LOL That was the end of my following people home days! LOL
That is some cool....i only saw a Avanti at a distance back when they were new.....they were way ahead of their time.

Back to the thread......i ran into a guy at Whataburger one evening...we just talked Bullitt for a few then he left...aint seen him since.....but...out where i live if someone follows you home you reach for your 9mm:lol:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Ohhh man, why did you have to mention whataburger? Now I want one, and the nearest one to me is almost 1,800 miles away. :(:(:(

Do me a favour, go pick me up a couple burgers and a large fry and Fed-Ex it up here to Canada would you please???

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

·
Registered
595 Posts
I had a guy in a Saleen Focus follow me to a gas station just to see my car I thought it was cool I liked his car also. :cool:
PS
You Texans are a bunch of wimps here in TN we go for the .45 I guess not every thing is bigger in Texas.:badgrin:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Jester67 said:
I had a guy in a Saleen Focus follow me to a gas station just to see my car I thought it was cool I liked his car also. :cool:
PS
You Texans are a bunch of wimps here in TN we go for the .45 I guess not every thing is bigger in Texas.:badgrin:
2nd that! Just can't beat a good ole 1911...

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
We're better shots. Don't need that much lead. :wink:

How true...but my back up is a 44 mag.....dont hurt to be prepared:lol:

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't be the most charming host if someone followed me home either.

But I do like it when I take the Bullitt to the local hand-car wash and get all sorts of compliments.

Anything from a gal saying “oh what a pretty color car you’ve got there” to an old gear-head “oh man! That’s one of those Bullitts!”

Got’a love my Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
No back up. I just drive to the Police Station...they usually go away immediately. :lol:

We dont have police stations way out here in the sticks:mad: ....so...you gotta go to plan "B" sometimes:lol: ......btw.....MA is all ways packing........

·
Registered
270 Posts
artillerybuff said:
2nd that! Just can't beat a good ole 1911...
+2 - Prefer the H&K - more rounds than an 1911.
BTW, my personalized license plate > 4D5CAL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts