Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the features I really miss on the Bullitt is the visor programmable Homelink. Since I don't like door openers clipped to the visor or have to fetch from the center console, I installed my own modification.

I got a simple momentary push button switch (normally off) from Radio Shack and soldered a one foot length of twin lead cable to it and the other end soldered to the switch solder points on the board inside the remote garage door opener. Then closed up the opener, so the pig tail and switch are exposed.

Then I drilled a properly sized hole in the center console down under in the footwell near where the calf of my right leg goes to the accelerator. Tuck the opener up under the console from under the dash and install the switch there on the console that was just drilled.

It's an easy reach down to open the garage door, and the one foot pigtail cable allows one to have access to the unit to change the battery every few years, without taking the switch out. Easy modification and works like a champ.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GOT OATZ said:
This always fascinated me....High beam for opening the garage door......

http://www.aclickawayremotes.com/Flash2Pass/Flash-2-Pass-Complete-Set/index.html
That's a great idea. I've not heard of that one before. I'll stick with what I have. I have two doors, three cars and two motorcycles that would all have to be equipped.

I'm done now, so "why mess with success?" But it is a nice feature for a single door with only two cars, if they don't have something already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts