Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do the 1/4 turn gas caps suck?

·
Premium Member
18,832 Posts
Yep! Confused the heck out of me at first.
Kept trying to turn and turn and turn!

"What the....oh, OK."

Never had a cap like that before!

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-22 23:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah, I don't care for it either. First time I went to get gas I'm like "what the heck", it wouldn't open. A guy next to me came over and said "You need some help with that?" and just at that moment it came open and I said "oh no, thanks, but I was just trying not to scratch my paint." He could see me "messing" with it, but couldn't tell really what I was doing, so he bought that...whew!!

Still have trouble getting it open!!

:nerd: Dona (nerd face really applies here!)

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hey, I can top that. I did not put mine on all the way and got the warrning saying that I had a fuel problem<G>.

Bud

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
My expedition is the same way and it stumped me the first time too. I actually had to stop and read the instructions.

·
Registered
821 Posts
'snicker, snicker' that's for you, 5111!

:nerd:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dona on 2002-01-23 09:46 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
It's okay, I happened to be out in the middle of nowhere and so no one knows, especially my wife. Think of the respect I would lose if she knew that I read directions!!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Man, we must be getting picky in here. Griping about a 1/4 turn gas cap! That just means it is awfully hard to find fault with these cars.

Don

·
Registered
821 Posts
Ahhh, I think it's all in fun tho....right all?? I just have never had one like this and when that's the case...uh, you gotta work with it to figure it out.

5111 - Your secret is safe here! LOL

:nerd: Dona

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought a locking cap since that nice brushed aluminum cover is not lockable and it could attract a jerk with a sugar in the tank problem.Auto zone has lock em up caps with 2 keys for 15.00 ....RICK

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey PCRMan, if you can't find fault with the Bullitt, look at all the other mechanical issue posts.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hey Talking about gas caps and such. When I had my Jetta It took me and three other 45 min. to figure out how to get to the gas cap, read the owners manule and couldnt find it. Finaly a friend of mine just pushed on the tank cover and wham it poped open talk about looking like an idiot. Special sense I worked at the gas station I was refuling at.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Gibscreen, I see what you're referring to about mechanical problems. Sorry to see you have so many with yours- I have been quite satisfied thus far with mine (7500mi on the clock- knock on wood...).
I hope you get things worked out.

Don

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't get me wrong, I love this car...It's just that sometimes I wonder "is the cap tight enough". I guess sometimes i am a little anal!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts