Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people getting for mileage? I’m quite happy with the 08. I now have 850 miles on the car and have never gotten less than 19.5 MPG. The car is mostly driven on the street with an occasional romp on the freeway. No road trips yet but I have gotten as good as 22.5. My 4.0 Ranger gets 15 to 18 at best. The car has taken it’s share of hard acceleration but still seems like pretty good mileage to me. I’m using 92 octane. :surprised

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
39,301 Posts
Rockola said:
What are people getting for mileage? I’m quite happy with the 08. I now have 850 miles on the car and have never gotten less than 19.5 MPG. The car is mostly driven on the street with an occasional romp on the freeway. No road trips yet but I have gotten as good as 22.5. My 4.0 Ranger gets 15 to 18 at best. The car has taken it’s share of hard acceleration but still seems like pretty good mileage to me. I’m using 92 octane. :surprised
Took a road trip from Cleveland, OH down to West Virginia and averaged 26.5 mpg for the entire round trip. Had around 300 miles at start and finished with just over 900. I was happy.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have that turned off right now, so I have no clue. It kept saying 17.something and I didn't need to know about it. When the needle gets on the E I put more gas in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought mine in LA 2 weeks ago on my way to Atlanta from Houston. Babyed it to Atlanta (yeah right:lol: ). Averaged 25 MPG @ 80/85 mph on the return trip. Now averaging around 20mpg around town on 89 octane. Just filled today with 93 octane to see if there is a difference. I really think I could get 22 around town if it didn't sound so sweet when you put your foot in it:smile:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Same here. My gas mileage is better than my 1993 Explorer 5 speed. That makes it very close to what you are getting. I drive the limit and take things easy.
Jimmy

·
Registered
116 Posts
Went to Arlington Tx last weekend and got 25.4 doing 75 and 80 on the interstate. Have not checked it in town yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts