Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always wondered what everyone else got gas mileage wise with their Bullitt's. I have an 01 GT and it seems like I get better gas mileage in the summer months than in the winter. Usually between 250-300 miles on a full tank in the summer and 200-240 in the winter months. I'm not really concerned with getting the best gas mileage but I was just curious if any of you guys had the same issues. One thing that I definately know hurts gas mileage is 4th gear pulls on the highway...but that's why we have these cars in the first place right? :wink: :smile:

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
In most climates, especially cold ones such as MD, the gas cooperations have a summer mix and a winter mix. Additives are placed in the winter mix to lower it's freezing point. These additives have been known to recude gas mileage. This could explain your mile-per-tank decrease, though 50 miles per tank seems pretty excessive.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't know what your winter weather is like, but here in the UK cars use more fuel in the winter purely because you have lights on in the dark mornings/evenings, heater on clearing the windows and keeping you warm, all this electrical drain means the alternator drags more power from the engine to keep the battery topped up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I got around 25 city/highway with the stock gears. Now i get around 20 with the 3.73s

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
zbarker94 said:
I got around 25 city/highway with the stock gears. Now i get around 20 with the 3.73s
Zach and I have about the same experiences. I averaged around 25.5mpg w/ 3.27 stock gears, now w/ 3.73 gears I average around 21.75mpg. This would be approximately 55% highway and 45% city/town miles per tank. My mileage does drop a little during the winter months as well, but not the 20% reported by Matt.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Hi Matt,
If you do a search for posts on this subject you will find that 25 MPG or more for highway driving is common. But if you like to really "drive" your car you can get as little as 10.

I's all in the foot action.

Have fun and keep the rubber side down!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Heavy foot driver here.
With mixed driving I get between 18-21mpg.
Mostly highway I get 20-23mpg.
All highway I get 21-24mpg.
all highway with a light foot and below 70mph I can pull down 24-27mpg.

miles per tank is useless as you never fill up at the exact same amount, plus it's good to keep at least a 1/4 minimum at all times. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ezekial said:
Heavy foot driver here.
With mixed driving I get between 18-21mpg.
Mostly highway I get 20-23mpg.
All highway I get 21-24mpg.
all highway with a light foot and below 70mph I can pull down 24-27mpg.

miles per tank is useless as you never fill up at the exact same amount, plus it's good to keep at least a 1/4 minimum at all times. :D
+1 thanks for saving me some keystrokes, thats identical to what I get!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.