Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Bullitteers. Question on gas mileage. How far can most of you get on a full tank of gas? I'm not looking for the distance during road trips, just throughout the week. I filled up Monday morning, have traveled about 150 miles and have LESS than a half tank left. It's been a city/hwy driving combo and I haven't really floored the car that much. My 73 Datsun with leaky fuel vent hoses and a 12 gallon tank can get 250 miles per full tank. Wussup?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Economy car?!? never. My Bullitt is a step up from a dang-near 30 year old Japanese sports car. I was concerned 'cause I've heard stories of 2001 Mustang GTs catching fire due to a fuel leak. Leaking fuel would result in bad gas mileage. I'm sure I'll get close to 300 miles (at least) of the next tank.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I usually average 20 mpg. On a good span I'll hit 21, and on a FUN span I'll hit 18 or 19. #1785 is still stock as well. Since it is a small tank, I have to fill up twice a week. Small price to pay for the enjoyment of the car.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've only run two tanks so far, with my third fill-up coming tonight. I got 20.23MPG on the first, and 24.41MPG on the second. I am thrilled to see those numbers, especially since I am not babying it. Based on those numbers, I start looking for a station at around 275 miles, but I'm sure I could go 300 easily. :smile:

:bullitt:

·
Registered
451 Posts
BWAHAHA! I measure my fuel economy in how many days I get out of the tank. So far my worst is 2 days, my best about 2 weeks. Usually I'm closer to 2 days than 2 weeks. :eek:

I can EASILY go through > 1/2 tank of gas in one day of low mileage darting around if I'm feeling froggy that day!

Glad the prices are dropping!

Joe

·
Registered
172 Posts
Never got below 20mpg with 3500 miles,driving in the fun mode,not economy!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I now have a little over 700 miles on Bullitt 2276. My first tank gave me 17.3 MPG. The second gave 19.1 and the third yielded 20.3. Appears that I may end up with around 22 - 23 MPG if I keep my foot out of it. Anything more would be great. Sure beats the heck out of the 13 - 16 I was getting out of the E-150 van I traded for the Bullitt.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bullitts catching on fire! Where do all these rumors come from. BlackBullitt#1768

·
Registered
467 Posts
We get gas milage? I just put gas in when its low. sometimes I go 3 days without stopping for gas.

jjrocks
Blk Bullitt #2754
Jim

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks all for the mileage info,However I've never bothered about it.Who cares!!

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Some people use their gas mileage records to gauge their cars performance. For example in my T-Bird I gained 2 mpg average when I installed some duct work from the air box down into the air flow. If that mod was worth more MPG then I would think it is worth some HP also. Seems everyone here is looking for a few free HPS. Just by changing to full synthetic I picked up almost 10% MPG I would say that too would net some free HPs. I always check the mileage to see what the engine is doing. I don't care if I was getting 18 MPG or 25 MPG BUT I do want to know when it changes and to see if something I do effects the mileage. I.E., oil, densecharger. Course you could just base all the information on how it FEELS but I would rather look at the numbers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have put on 11K in the last three months driving back and forth to work and in town geting about 17-20 and on the hiway, cruise set at a solid 85 gets 26mpg not bad and i found that it kept geting better mpg untill i had around 7k on the car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts