Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bullitt is stock with approximately 6000 miles on it. I have changed the oil twice (1000 and 4000 miles) using Mobil 1. This weekend I travelled 308 miles on a tank of gas and averaged 25.56 mpg!!! It was mostly open road driving averaging 60 mph. Car is completely stock. Just felt like sharing this info considering my original mileage was hovering at 20 mpg.

·
Registered
396 Posts
My Bullitt gets 21 around town and just under 26 highway when i went to Atlanta for the MCA 25th from Florida.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have actually seen 326 miles without tripping the light on a long trip going about 75mph the whole trip. That is by far the best I have done, I usually get around 250-280 miles on a tank.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well hell!
I'm getting about 16 MPG, then again it's usually stop and go around town, and high rev's when I can, my wife's Excursion gets 15 MPG on the Freeway and 11.5 on town, so we're really p*ssin' off them tree-huggers. But I love it!, they are American-made cars; the truck was born in Louisville and the Bullitt in Michigan (I was born there too!)

Black Bullitt 3207
Black V10 Excursion 4X4
And an Old 92 Crown Vic

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Max Cruz on 2002-01-14 14:00 ]</font>

·
Registered
311 Posts
Lucky you... Cruising around in the City of Chicago with its mistimed lights nets me a wonderful 11-12MPG city. When I was first driving the Bullitt (this is my first manual car), I was getting around 8-9MPG!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't worry about gas & insurance costs; I just pay it. I do worry about my pistons, speeding tickets, and snow.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Who the heck can average just 60 MPH? I can't hold the reins that tightly. She wants to run.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I get on an average a high of 14.25 m.p.g. to a low of 13m.p.g.(got to love those 4.10 gears.)

·
Registered
394 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-14 15:47, dfresh wrote:
Don't know, don't care.

Dfresh
DHG 294
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm with dfresh. If I cared I'd be driving a Honda Insight!

Eric

·
Registered
783 Posts
Cruise Control. That'a the only way I have been able to keep the speed down for any length of time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As to how I averaged 60 mph, I was looking for land. But I do plan on keeping this one stock and in good condition so I don't rev, speed (well, on the turnpike I do hit 80 at times), or race the kiddies.

I do read the Mods section often and like everything you all are doing with your Bullitts. The aluminum driveshaft, short headers, and Vortec supercharger have peeked my interest very much.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My best was 21 on a road trip. City driving I am around 17-18. Can't complain, my truck only gets 11.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts