Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ordering new tires today, and I thought I'd offer to sell the old rear tires cheap if anyone is interested. They are Toyo T1-S, 295 35 18. There is a little tread left, but not much. They appear to have worn evenly. Don't ask about the fronts, they're toast. If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to send a couple pics and you can make an offer. I'm located in SE Michigan.

- John -

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
What are you getting form new tires?

I found a great source for Toyo T1-R's - I got 4 delivered to my door for under $800.00.

Not as good of a deal as Bill, but not bad either.
275 35 18 up front, 295 35 18 out back.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting BF Goodrich KDW2/NT. 295/35R18 in back, 265/35R18 up front. Total cost installed is about $1050 at Belle Tire. My first choice was the Toyo Proes T1-R, but the shop is having a hard time finding them. They're giving me the same price on the BFG's, which are normally more expensive. The Toyo's and BFG's were equal choices as far as the tires are concerned, but I was leaning toward Toyo since that's what you had on there before...no big deal.

I took a short ride in a Cobra the other day, and the guy had BFG KDW's (original tread pattern). Pounding the pedal to the floor, the BFG's hooked up big time. No slipping whatsoever. That's all the endorsement I need.

I looked around the web for a better deal, but in the end $80-$100 wasn't enough of an incentive to mess with ordering the tires online AND having to find someone to install them. I just went to 9 (yes 9!) shops to get my garden tractor tires mounted. My wife surprised me on Father's Day and said "I think it's time you get some new tires, so go get what you want." :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
$792 for my Toyo T1-R Proxes that I picked up from a local dealer in SE Michigan (AC Tire on Dixie Highway in Waterford).

275/35ZR-18s up front and 295/35ZR-18s on the back. See sig.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts