Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a quality installer in the NW Philadelpia suburbs? I'm in Norristown but will travel a little to the right place. I wanna finally install the 3.73 gears I bought about 5 years ago.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I know this might sound weird but County Corvette has an outstanding shop, they might be expensive but the job would be done right. Their reputation thru out the country for resto and mechanical work is first class. It wouldn't hurt to check them out.
They specailize in Corvette's but do work on all specialty cars.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Joe's automotive in Havertown Did my 8.8 gear install in my old 88gt. They redid my clutch pack and everything. I provided all the parts, so the labor was about $300 even cash. They did a pretty good job. Evolution performance is in Aston pa, I have heard mixed comments on them,and when ever I talk to someone from there shop I get an great sense of cockiness on their end. So its up to you.

·
Registered
429 Posts
yea Evolution is a little cocky but they do it right. All ive gotten done on my car there is tint (great job btw), but my dad has gotten full custom exhaust from Mighty Muffler (same owner) and ive never seen cleaner work, same with a couple of my friends. They know wut they are doin especially when it comes to Mustangs. They had the first GT500 in the 9s.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into Evolution.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
buckwheat bullitt said:
I know this might sound weird but County Corvette has an outstanding shop, they might be expensive but the job would be done right. Their reputation thru out the country for resto and mechanical work is first class. It wouldn't hurt to check them out.
Where is County Corvette?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Black4592 said:
Joe's automotive in Havertown Did my 8.8 gear install in my old 88gt. They redid my clutch pack and everything. I provided all the parts, so the labor was about $300 even cash. They did a pretty good job. Evolution performance is in Aston pa, I have heard mixed comments on them,and when ever I talk to someone from there shop I get an great sense of cockiness on their end. So its up to you.
I'm gonna check out Joes. I was just on the Evolution site and was a little put off. They may be good, but I got a sence that my car wouldn't exactly be treated with care there. I suspect it would be thrashed around a bit while it was there and I wasn't looking. I don't know, just a feeling.

·
Registered
308 Posts
County Corvette is in West Chester, PA, #610-696-7888
countycorvette.com
check it out, the facility is very impressive, first class. They even give you a tour of the entire place. They're very customer friendly. I've had friends who had work done and they were very satisfied. It's worth the ride just to see the place and the cars. Check out the website.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
buckwheat bullitt said:
I checked this place out. You weren't kidding about being expensive. 600.00 for an install????!!!!! I guess I keep looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts