Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite when i bought 5508 I was told there were 3.73's in it but im wondering how can you tell what gears you have besides that graph there is on IMBOC? The reason why im asking is one of my local performance shops installed my Diablo Predator and my speedo is off by 7-8mph. (for instance when my speedo says 60 im really going about 67-68) If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated! Thanks
Chad

·
Registered
302 Posts
Jack up the back wheels and turn one of them 10 times. Cout the number of times the draveshaft makes a complete revelution and divide by 10. That will give you the gears. ie: 37.3=3.73 41=4.10.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mr.pj said:
Jack up the back wheels and turn one of them 10 times. Cout the number of times the draveshaft makes a complete revelution and divide by 10. That will give you the gears. ie: 37.3=3.73 41=4.10.
alrite cool ill do that in the morning and let you all know what happends. Do u think maybe i have the stock 3.27s and that they put it in the diablo that i have 3.73's? could that be a reason why its off?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it ends up I have 3.73's, Im thinking the guy put in the wrong info on my predator. I guess its time for plug and play

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Bulistc5508 said:
So it ends up I have 3.73's, Im thinking the guy put in the wrong info on my predator. I guess its time for plug and play
If the car had 3.73s before the Predator then the speedometer was probably already being recalibrated with a Speedcal. If so, the predator does not need to make an adjustment from stock because the Speedcal already is.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
5111 said:
If the car had 3.73s before the Predator then the speedometer was probably already being recalibrated with a Speedcal. If so, the predator does not need to make an adjustment from stock because the Speedcal already is.

So are you saying that when i plug in the predator to put it at stock 3.27 then 3.73. I believe the first owner off 5508 had put in a diablochip. Since then i took that one out because of some problems and put in the predator.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Bulistc5508 said:
So are you saying that when i plug in the predator to put it at stock 3.27 then 3.73. I believe the first owner off 5508 had put in a diablochip. Since then i took that one out because of some problems and put in the predator.
If the predator is currently adjusted for 3.73s and the speedo is off then I would imagine that the car also has a Speedcal. You can pull of the shifter console and look for a black box (Speedcal). Either that or you can change the Predator tune back to 3.27 and see if the speedo is now correct.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
5111 said:
If the predator is currently adjusted for 3.73s and the speedo is off then I would imagine that the car also has a Speedcal. You can pull of the shifter console and look for a black box (Speedcal). Either that or you can change the Predator tune back to 3.27 and see if the speedo is now correct.
alrite thanks man ill do that.. Sucks that im in SA for the weekend and my predator is in Houston at my house over there!! :doubt: BTW.... PULLED SHIFTER CONSOLE AND I DO HAVE A SPEED CAL!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts