Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 3.73s in right now but when i supercharger my car i want something that will help my car accelerate into the boost faster. Should i put 4.10s in or just leave the 3.73s

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Wait until after the supercharger install to make your decision. I would say 3:73.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I went from stock to 3.73's shortly after I installed the S/C. Some go with 4.10's but it is my opinion that for a daily driver 3.73's are the perfect combo. If you are going to spend a LOT of time at the track then 4.10's or better may be "your cup of tea".

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I had 410s before the K-B and had to go down to 373s after install. Much happier now. Plus better for the highway cruising.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I've got 3.73's and love 'em. The only way i'd do 4.10's or more is if you dont plan on too much street/highway driving.

Just for reference, i'm at roughly 2.8K rpms crusing at 80mph in 5th gear.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I agree with Paul, 4.10's are probably too much gear for a blown car.

N/A it would be my choice though.

I have 3.31's in my car BTW.....

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have 3.90's in my car with a S/C set up and I love them. When crusing at 80mph I'm still under 3k rpm.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I opted for a roots blower (Allen), with them, you don't have to worry about "keeping it in boost". May be worth considering. I've been getting 27 MPG Highway lately!! Though, I have bought 3.73's to give me a little more response, just have not installed them, yet. I think 3.73 is best "all around", but OGBATMAN's 3.90 idea is certainly a good compromise as well.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I have the 3:73's and think that they are a perfect fit for the Centrifical blowers. Id be a little leary with the 4:10's, yer gonna smoke every damn gear up to 4th(lol).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts