Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gears and Driveshaft Group Purchase Details

Vendor: GEF Racing (Gene Evens Ford)
Web site: http://www.gefracing.com
End date: Jan 25th
Product: 3.55, 3.73, 4.10 gears and Aluminum Driveshaft

Deal: You can buy gears and/or a driveshaft. There is no additional discount for buying both and no additional charge for buying only one.

Gears: 137.50
Driveshaft: 139.99

You can order as many as you want, in any combination. You can order 1 set of gears only. You can order 1 Driveshaft only. You can order 10 of each.

Be sure you tell them this is a Bullittclub offer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-01-18 11:38 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-01-28 17:25 ]</font>

·
Registered
58 Posts
are gears ford racing products....what about driveshaft...price sounds great..u gonna do work yourself...maybe we could do work togethor....seeing how we live close togethor......

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep they are FRP!

I was thing that if enough of us DFW Bullitts bought into this we could come up with some ingenious (cheap) idea for the install.

$137.50 is too good for me to pass up. I will still have money left over from walking that $170 tab this weekend :-B

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-01-08 16:29 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Do you have to buy both? I'm in for gears for sure. If they could knock off another few bucks if you bought both, I'd be all over it :grin:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just like it says:

gears = 137.50
shaft = 140.00
gears & shaft = 277.50

There is no extra charge for ordering just one of the item and there is no additional discount for buying both.. I wish there were also. I am debating between the combo or just the gears. I know I want to get the driveshaft and ths is a good price.... I hate difficult decisions

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-01-08 16:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
isnt gef racing the same as gene evans ford?
they used tobe pretty good some years back and that price and ford parts....excellent

·
Registered
180 Posts
The install for the shaft would be cake, but I dont have a clue how to do the gears. How much does it typically cost to instll the gears? does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have seen all kinds of prices listed... $50 and a case of beer for the shadetree mechanic to $300 for a Ford dealer. I would say the average is around $175-$225 in labor. Anyone know for sure?

·
Banned
535 Posts
Its actually not to hard to do the gear. There are several web sites out there that go into great detail about how to do it. The driveshaft is four bolts, line up the yellow dot, four bolts. Thats it. I would do the driveshaft when you do the gears, since you have to take the driveshaft out to do the gear. I did my own gear and driveshaft, took about 3 hours.

Dave

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am in on the gears and maybe the driveshaft too..

This makes (2).
(8) to go.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-01-08 18:00 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
As I said before, I'm in on the gears (4.10)

Gonna think about the driveshaft.

bulletboy3855, you need to get a Speedcal or equivalent to correct the speedo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2002-01-08 18:30 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Speed cal costs $99 from http://www.dallasmustang.com There are a few other choices but this is the one I will likely go with.

Before you decide to just live with the inaccurate speed, remember you will also be racking up more miles than you drive! $99 well spent if you ask me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-01-08 18:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
some gears come with the spedo gears, I know when my brother bought his 4.10s from FR they did, but they were for a 3.55 always good to ask if it comes with the speedo gear.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts