Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, we had an awesome time Saturday when Team Ford in Marietta hosted our dyno day/club meet! :smile: We had 7 club members with their Bullitts, and about 17 total cars that ran on the dyno. Here are some pics:

Kurt(BULLITT3230) on the dyno:

My Bullitt on the dyno:

John(TRUEBLUEBULLITT) on the dyno:

Our Bullitt parking area behind the dyno:

Scott(Scott D) in the parking lot:

Morris(Rome's Blue Bullitt) in the parking lot:

Mike(WIXBULLITT), winner of the stock Bullitt hp contest, 235+hp, congrats Mike! :smile:

Group pic, left to right, Me, Mike(WIXBULLITT), Scott(Scott D), Kurt(Bullitt3230), John(TRUEBLUEBULLITT), Emmett(Chalmers2212), and Morris(Rome's Blue Bullitt):

We even had this strange looking Ford on the dyno:

LOL, I told them to close the sliding door, you never know what will wander in!! :grin: I hope all of these pics don't break the server, I've never tried this many in a post! Hope to see you guys, and many more at our next meet on April 20. Cya.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What was the lowest Hp for stock. Sorry I couldn't make it fellow Ga. members.

·
Premium Member
12,883 Posts
3230 had the distinction (?) of pulling lowest bare bones stock numbers...I left my papers @ work...but memory has the three runs posting between 226 and 229 (I'll post numbers tomorrow). BUT... I also had an anomoly between 4,000-5,000 RPM where the power curves took a huge nose dive before recovering that had the techs stumped. Later that evening I had them install a superchip and mess with it for awhile. Cured the hiccup and also increased my peak HP to 235 with a big jump of 12 additional HP between 5,000 and redline.

·
Premium Member
12,883 Posts
OK...here are my low #'s for the first three runs:
HP torque
227.8 271.9
232.8 279.2
230.6 277.3
with an immediate drop of 18 hp which remained flat from 4,200 to 5,100 RPM.

After the Superchip install:
235.1 hp and 285.1 torque with consistent 5 hp increase across the entire curve (as compared to the best of the benchmark) and jump to 12 hp increase 5,500 - 6,000RPM.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Looks like you guys had a blast! Sorry I wasn't able to be there. I look forward to meeting everyone in our next meeting!

Take care.

P.S. The wheels look awesome while spinning!

·
Registered
286 Posts
When I made those pics, I waited until the wheels were almost at top speed...:smile:

See you guys next time.

Scott D.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Looks like you all had a blast. Cant wait to get back.
Jay how much HP did you get with your mods

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually pulled less than I did stock, but the conditions were totally different. The first time I ran it was a clear warm day without a cloud in the sky, but Saturday it was overcast and humid, and real cold, plus the air was very heavy, and it rained after lunch. The best I pulled was 232, but no one posted very high numbers, so I think the atmospheric conditions hurt all of us. :sad: It was still a blast, though, especially hearing the Bullitts screaming on the dyno!! :grin: I ordered a Magnaflow X-Pipe and 3.73 gears yesterday, and I'm getting a chip also, so I will re-run on the dyno after these mods and let you know how much hp increase I get. :smile:

By the way, I forgot to mention that John(TRUEBLUEBULLITT) won the contest for most hp in a modified Bullitt, with a pull of 243hp, highest of the day for any Bullitt, congrats John!! :grin: Mike won an item of his choice from the MGW catalog, courtesy of the Georgia Bullitt Club, and John won a case of Mobil 1, and a Ford Racing hat courtesy of Team Ford.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Man, I wanted to be there sooo bad. Couldn't break away from work. It looks like you all had a blast, see you at the next meet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts