Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen her since she went into the body shop about a month ago.

She is getting repainted from the belt line down (everything except the roof basically).

Based upon some of the work that this shop has done in the past, I expect this to turn out VERY nice. They typically work on higher end cars. When I dropped her off, there were 2 M3's and an AMG Mecredes.

Will post pics sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
923 Posts
So, Kevin, I'm going to do a post next weekend about the August Mid-Florida Mustang Club cruise in Casselberry to see if we can get the Bullitt gang together again. Will it be ready? Do you think you can make it? The cruise is August 11.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Droopy is pretty much right, the roof was not damaged.

With that being said, insurance didn't cover the cost of everything that is being done. I am paying a few hundred out of pocket (actually more than a few) for them to paint the entire car.

For them to repaint the roof would have increased the cost (to me) substantially. It wasn;t that bad, so I couldn't justify it.

Kevin, check your PM's.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kfengler said:
Always fun dealing with "The Company Man" insurance adjusters.
I know they run a business, but they do like to get away with as little payment as possible.
Actually the guy who was working my claim helped me out quite a bit. He is a "car guy" and recognized my car was not what be considered "typical".

He could not do anything about my lying snake of an agent and what coverage he told me I had as it related to the aftermarklet stuff that was damaged, but he absolutely went as far as he could possibly go on the cosmetic stuff.

He almost doubled what they first came back with after their initial inspection after I shared my body shop's estimate with him. Even the guy who runs the body shop was impressed with how much they allocated to me. Usually they couldn't care less about what the body shop say it will cost to repair it, but in my case he pretty much covered it all.

But then I wanted it PERFECT, so that cost me a few bucks. I figured I would never have the opportunity to start fresh with a perfect paint job so I better bite the proverbial Bullitt and cough up the bucks to get it done.

I am pretty damn excited to see it.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
How much was the estimate for what you're having done?

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Congrats Kevin-I'm sure you are anxious to get the car home. Hopefully you will be able to spend some quality time together soon and get re-acquainted....John R

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BigBullitt said:
How much was the estimate for what you're having done?
The body shop bill is around $5,500.00. New front bumper, driver front fender almost complete repaint.

The mechanicals were about $3,000 (rebulit transmission, suspension bits and pieces).

Out of pocket (tires, clutch, resurfacing and rebalancing flywheel) about around $1,500.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
The body shop bill is around $5,500.00. New front bumper, driver front fender almost complete repaint.

The mechanicals were about $3,000 (rebulit transmission, suspension bits and pieces).

Out of pocket (tires, clutch, resurfacing and rebalancing flywheel) about around $1,500.
Geez

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I hate to say it, but IMHO that's pretty much in line with what I have heard others pay for first class work. I think your getting a decent deal and maybe a very good one. Depends on how you see the results, pro or con...

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DavidMidgley said:
I hate to say it, but IMHO that's pretty much in line with what I have heard others pay for first class work. I think your getting a decent deal and maybe a very good one. Depends on how you see the results, pro or con...
Other than the fact that Allstate is screwing me on the tires and the clutch that was trashed during this ordeal, I'm not complaining. And as I mentioned, the adjuster has been working with me on the body and he didn't really have to.

You pay for quality work, and this is supposed to be one of the best body shops is the state.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
Other than the fact that Allstate is screwing me on the tires and the clutch that was trashed during this ordeal, I'm not complaining. And as I mentioned, the adjuster has been working with me on the body and he didn't really have to.

You pay for quality work, and this is supposed to be one of the best body shops is the state.
What shop are you getting it done at Kevin?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mr.BULLITT said:
What shop are you getting it done at Kevin?
http://www.samuelsauto.com

They painted the Cobra bumper that the previous owner had put on.

The previous owner also has his pristine 93 GT painted there (the whole car). He couldn't say enough good things about him.

You can see on his website, he does some nice cars.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
If their work is as good as you say, not a bad price at all.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Bullitt_5135 said:
http://www.samuelsauto.com

They painted the Cobra bumper that the previous owner had put on.

The previous owner also has his pristine 93 GT painted there (the whole car). He couldn't say enough good things about him.

You can see on his website, he does some nice cars.
Man your not kidding. He did the Titan motorsports pro-drag celica. Nice stuff. ill have to check him out. im gonna need a new paint job soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts