Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 13,000 miles on bullitt 3350, i lost the egine do to a sticking valve, ford is only using FQR engines for replacement engines, mine is not going to be here tell sept of 2002 thats when AER is sending mine out so be carful on what you do to you car or you might be on the waiting list with me

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
AER is American Engine Rebuilders (I think thats what it stand for please correct me if I am wrong) and they do the rebuilt mills for Ford.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
When 227 lost the first motor, I was told that if it happend again, that I would get a BRAND NEW ENGINE, not a rebuilt Engine. I would kick some major A$$ before I let them put a rebuilt motor in the car. I know that at least 5 other Bullitts have had NEW Engines put in them, and I would insist that they do the same for you, or get you a NEW car.

eMAIL Team Mustang and call Customer Service if you have to, but don't let them put a rebuilt motor in the car.

Take care.

Bud

·
Registered
255 Posts
Like hell my car would be down for 9 months while they put me on some list to get a new engine. They would be replacing #4456 with nothing less than a 2k2 gt convertible if that was the case for me.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aer stands for Authorized Engine Remanufactor
FQR ford quality renewal, the sad part is i work for a ford dealer and i cant do anything about, if they cant find me a new engine they can always send me a 2002 4 valve

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you have the time and money, perhaps ask them for the motor as a "crate motor", have it upgraded with forged internals, port the heads+intake, new cams, etc., then have them install it under warranty. In other words, try to upside a bummer deal.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i did that to my last engine (98 mustang), forged rods, pistons, huge blower, made three pass and blew out a head gaskets, i would like to leave the engine stock the only thang i'm going to do is clean up the inside of the intake up, i trying to sell my rods if you know anyone who wants then, i still have a complete short block from coast high performance

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the only crazy thing on the whole engine deal, is ford gave me a part number just for a aer bullitt engine but could not tell me the deference in that and a 2002 4.6, they said it might be the front cover

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Sounds like they need to get you a NEW car. That is there problem not yours and that is not a resonable amount of time to wait for a replacement. BTW, they put a NEW Engine in 227 in 2 1/2 weeks, so someone is full of something here :wink:

Good luck.

Bud

·
Registered
694 Posts
I guess this is one way to keep the miles down on the Bullitt but it is not one I would be happy with.

Are they planning to rebuild your old motor and that is why you have to wait until Sept/02? Seems Ford should be doing more to replace it with a brand new motor. But as time goes on, they will be even less agreeable to deal with.

I would hate to have a "rebuilt" motor in a special edition car. It is bad enough that you probably won't have a matching numbers car any longer. What does that do for the long term value of a collectible/special interest car? Just my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts