Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unfortunately blew my motor about 2 months ago and it is now time to replace it. My father sort of has an "inside guy" taking care of things for a very reasonable price. He's an old friend and lifelong mechanic so I'm confident that he'll do things well. We will be going the route of a rebuilt 2v complete with a 3-yr warrenty.

Now have you any idea how involved the transformation from a standard gt engine to a bullitt engine will be? Are the bullitt parts pretty straight forward bolt-ons? Would it be a good idea to create a list of every engine part that needs to be transplanted to make this standard 2v into a bullitt engine?

-T

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Pretty easy, actually

First, the obvious- the intake manifold and everything that attaches to it (EGR valve, IAC, Throttle body- things like that. Then there's the alternator and it's mouning bracket, and the heater discharge tube under the intake.

Any good mechanic would be able to take a long block engine with valve covers, and salvage anything left over from your blown engine, including the wiring harness, to complete the deal. No different than any other engine replacement.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Everything will swap off your Bullitt 2V to the standard GT 2V,providing its a Romeo headed,not the Windsor headed,cause the cam covers off your 2V will not fit the Windsor headed 2V (due to the bolt pattern difference,and number of cam cover bolts differ between the two),since you will need to keep your cam covers for the driver side oil fill because of the upper plenum of the Bullitt intake

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. The engine will be a rebuilt gt 2v, so I don't think we'll run into the situation described 03gt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts