Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank god that we only have to wait a few more weeks to see the new Bullitt. We have been talking about it for so long I have just about lost interest in it!

The stuff I have read about the '08 doesn't sound all that exciting but I am trying to wait to make up my mind until I see it. A few posts back someone said they wanted to see what kind of presence the car had which is exactly what I want to see. Hopefully the sum of the parts will add up to something special. If not I have my '01 which I won't get rid of regardless of how I feel about the '08.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
NCTom said:
Thank god that we only have to wait a few more weeks to see the new Bullitt. We have been talking about it for so long I have just about lost interest in it!

The stuff I have read about the '08 doesn't sound all that exciting but I am trying to wait to make up my mind until I see it. A few posts back someone said they wanted to see what kind of presence the car had which is exactly what I want to see. Hopefully the sum of the parts will add up to something special. If not I have my '01 which I won't get rid of regardless of how I feel about the '08.
I will definetly NOT be getting rid of the DHG 1276. Seeing as how I can't get the 2008 the way I want it then I may not be buying any more Mustangs (or Fords) at all.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I was watching a re-run of American Muscle Car the other night, and It made me think. Back in the mid 60's to about 72' Ford and others offered so many engine options ie. blocks, heads, cams, and induction it was unreal. Now the new engines are so refined and Hi Tech they can be built to make Big H.P. at a Big cost. The trick is to make an affordable H.P. package. I think Ford is trying to do that with the MUSTANG GT. A lot of BULLITTHEADS want it both ways, more H.P. and affordable, but in this day of CAFE and tight economy FORD can't or won't do it. I'm not makeing excuses for them I am disapointed with the H.P. numbers also, but that's the way it is. I may be living in the past , if so I'll buy a 68' fastback restore it and build the engine the way I want It, one can dream -LOL-
At this point no new FORD's for me either!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
TXBLUOVAL said:
I will definetly NOT be getting rid of the DHG 1276. Seeing as how I can't get the 2008 the way I want it then I may not be buying any more Mustangs (or Fords) at all.
Your choice. Solely yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts