Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: :mad: If there is anyone from canada here.
do u know what kind of money is involved in getting a car over to canada from the US? I know there is taxes and duty and stuff but how much r these things.
Cobras are so much cheaper than here.
I was just on canada trader.ca and a cobra in calgary alberta canada is between 37 and 50k what gives?:evil: :mad: :confused:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
chris1984 said:
:mad: :mad: If there is anyone from canada here.
do u know what kind of money is involved in getting a car over to canada from the US? I know there is taxes and duty and stuff but how much r these things.
Cobras are so much cheaper than here.
I was just on canada trader.ca and a cobra in calgary alberta canada is between 37 and 50k what gives?:evil: :mad: :confused:
They charge what the traffic will bear. Er, support. So, Canadians pay that kind of money, so that's what they get charged. Same goes for the Shelby Mustangs here.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just seen an adertisement for a new gt500 in the paper in edmonton alberta canada, it was set at $105,995 thats insane.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am from Calgary and seen mint cobras selling for $35,000.I wouldnt pay any more than that for one.Why dont you just get your bullitt supercharged,thats probably what i will do when i have the funds.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just love the looks of the cobra too and the 6 speed and the 4 valve motor and all the other stuff. And the gt500 it was canadian dollars wich is by now almost the same as US 0.93

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You will pay 6% GST on the sales price when you cross the Border into Canada. You will then get a form that you take to Canadian Tire and they will do the import inspection and send it back to Customs. When you register it in Canada you will pay your Province's PST or HST....whatever plus the registration fee.

You MUST Check before buying if the Car is on the Admissible List that Canada maintains. If the Car is not on that list, you cannot import it into Canada. So, check BEFORE buying! I do not know if Cobra's are on that list or not.

You MUST have daytime running lights in Canada. Canadian Tire can do this for you, but I bet they will charge you an arm and a leg!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts