Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the car 4 about 6 wks now and for the last few days its can be almost impossible to get the car into reverse. I've tried rolling it a few inches in 1st gear, putting it in neutral let it roll back a cpl inches doesnt help. After jamming it in a few forward gears back and forth I can finally get it into reverse. Any suggestions? Also it seems that this linkage kinda sucks, tough to get it in 3rd under power. Thanks

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hmm, Is your fluid level low? Also try adjusting your clutch by pulling the pedal up words a few clicks.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Black4592 said:
Hmm, Is your fluid level low? Also try adjusting your clutch by pulling the pedal up words a few clicks.
good call

I would also suggest changing your fluid and putting in exactly 3.2qts of fresh synthetic. Also try 3rd before reverse.

·
Charles
13,299 Posts
When its around 50 degrees or below outside I have to run mine through the forward gears before trying reverse if I'm on the first start-up of the day. Letting the car warm up a little helps also. I would change the fluid as Ezekial said. 3.2 quarts is a must. Do not overfill. Do a site search for fluids to use and you'll get an idea of what everyone is using.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
I back out of my garage without any problems shifting into reverse:exclaim:

But, then on second thought and analyzing what I do when starting up and backing out I have realized that once started, I let it idle with the clutch out and the car in neutral.:neutral: I don't know if that's any help or not. The shifter is a little notchy and I find it easy to push it to the right before trying to go back also. That would be my bad!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts