Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my black Bullitt on Tuesday evening, and I'm SO psyched! I've not been this excited about a car in years (including my old 280Z and couple of Camaros...)!

Having seen the level of expertise on this site, do you have suggestions or a "checklist" of things to look for at delivery and when I get it home? I'm a bit concerned about the paint issues etc. that some have posted here. Any suggestions appreciated!

All that aside, I can't wait to turn the key and hear that rumble!

·
Registered
310 Posts
A point I would like to make is don't let the newness of the car throw u off from the little things! In other words stand back and get the big picture of the vehicle. Go over it inside and out with a fine tooth comb.And dont let them do the undercoating unless u tell them that u better not see one drop under the hood! I found that out a bit late so now all along my fenders inside the hood area are like fly paper. Check the paint especially ! Seems to me a major problem with this car! I have had mine in twice for spot painting. Check the paint in the door jams. My driver side had to be completely redone due to peeling. Also ask them to check your transmission mounting bolts on the crossmemember . I posted a note here that mine were loose and a lot of other members had the same problem. But most of all treat her good and and remember u will be the owner of a very limited car and a member of the best forum on the net! Thanx Havgun! #1676

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Havgunwiltrav on 2001-07-30 09:04 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
Also look at your tailpipes to make sure they are even. Look at your rocker panels to make sure they are secured and locked in. Like Bob said, have your dealer write everything down what you find there before you leave. And then take her home and re-check EVERYTHING!

One person got different c-pillars and I think I remember one guy got the Cobra bumper!

Vicki

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Paint is the biggie. Check all your flat top facing surfaces by looking at them off angle (sharp angle) to be certain that it's not "Dulled" there was a problem with the shipping plastic where it could come loose, slap against the car for the entire ride and dull the paint. Check the edges of the door when you open them for paint chips and also check your Taillights for condensation inside them.
But like everyone said.. go over the car with a fine tooth comb while your sale rep is there (Hopefully in the sunlight) and tell him that you're going to go over it again once you get it home. Then take it home and wash it completely as soon as you get the time. Detail it like you were going to take it to a car show cleaning every little nook and cranny. htis may not be necessary to clean it but you will come across EVERY part of your car while you do it.
GOOD LUCK!! and Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Watch out for two guys in a black Charger!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Yea, and watch out for footus heavius. It's a medical condition where your right foot suddenly becomes heavier, placing much undue pressure on the ball of your foot. This is most commonly a problem as your foot comes in contact with the accellerator. Although it can be dangerous, there is an uncanny satisfaction you may find! BEST OF LUCK - YOU WILL LOVE YOUR BULLITT!!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Yeah, everybody's pretty well hit the items...Paint the big one ..and body damage from shipping,I had two dents in the roof from either the truck/train or branches..Also my shift knob was twisted too tight and almost broken off from the shaft!..BUT you will enjoy!! :smile:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took delivery of my black Bullitt, number 3650, on Tuesday evening, and I appreciate all the advice that I received from those on this site. I went over it carefully, as you all suggested, and found that the car was basically perfect. While I was waiting for paperwork and title changes, etc., had several different people come over and admire it. Not counting all of the sales crew...

Anyway, enjoying it tremendously. On my first day driving it to work, a friend drove his classic 1970 Boss 302 just so we could get a photo of the two parked together. Now that's a dynamic duo! (I'll post a photo as soon as I figure out how!)

Happy to be a Bullit owner, and happy to be a Bullittclub member!

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
Congrats Irish!!!
glad you've already experienced the pleasure of everyone admiring your car!!

"Ain't It Cool?"

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Congradulations IrishBullitt. It seems you're one of the lucky ones to get a Bullitt without any problems. Mine is without flaw too, except for the headlight spotting, and that'll be cleared up tomorrow. I feel really fortunate to be able to enjoy the car right from the start, without any troubles. My heart really goes out to you guys with problems. But it's great to see the enduring Bullitt spirit isn't dampened. Everyone seems to still love the car, no matter what. Enjoy it buddy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I'm also experiencing heavy foot syndrome, just to hear the rumble!

Here's the photo of my black Bullitt with a "cousin..."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-08-01 15:16 ]</font>

·
Registered
184 Posts
Irishbullitt welcome to the club, and Congrats!! I know exactly how you felt. I t felt so awesome going to pick up my DHG Bullitt. I did everything over the internet and really did a lot of research on the dealership that I chose to buy from. I was a little nervous when he brought me out to the back parking lot to show me my Bullitt. I wasn't sure if I would like it. I had not seen one in person. But alas, I was not disappointed. I really loved it the second I looked at it. The interior was totally awesome, and then I started it up. Anyway, I after I wiped the grin off of my face and took it for a short drive to a local parking lot(main purpose was to completely check it for defects) and found no defects, I signed papers and was out of there in about 45 minutes, and off enjoying my new ride. I have not regretted it since. It has been a long time since I have been this crazy about a car. I have to restrain myself from making any mods to it. I am going to try to keep it as stock as possible.

Mike

DHG #3463
San Ramon, CA.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Nice photo :-B

So tell us already, who won you in your Bullitt or your friend in his Boss?

265 net HP claimed vs. 290 gross HP :wink:

2000 VW Jetta TDI
1996 F250 Powerstroke

I love torque!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-08-01 23:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We may get to that sometime, but I thought with 30 miles on the odometer, I might wait just a bit...

Also, when he heard the Bullitt exhaust, he said that he didn't think that you could get a new car that sounded that good anymore!

·
Registered
152 Posts
hey, if my trans. bolts were loose, would i hear a noise when pushing in the clutch, or when i put it into gear. Sometimes i can hear noises from the trans, but before i put my car in i wanted to know if that was normal.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i heard the clunking upon engagement AND with any sort of speed up and/or slow down (when left in the same gear especially)

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-08-02 11:59 ]</font>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts