Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well if anyones read my posts on other mustang forums ive been wanted to trade up for a corvette but seemslike im better off with the stang financially so for once in my life ill do something logical and keep it which leads me to my problem.
i recently fell upon the deal to get a full 99 cobra body kit for $250, hood (primered) and front, rear bumper, sideskirts and spoiler so my question is does anyone know how to properly sand or prep half this **** so as to have it ready to be painted??
any links or help would be great, thanks!!

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
are your seriously thinking about putting the 99 Cobra wing on?
A 99 Cobra bodykit only consists of a GT wing (that is even the wrong year for your car, not to mention uglier than the correct year for your car, and both are WRONG for a Bullitt), and the front bumper. GT side skirts are what they had, and the hood is unique but was later put on sixers. And rear bumper is the same as a GT... so I don't see how you could buy a body kit.... Love the front bumper though. I would like to have one of those myself someday :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the parts i intend to put on my car are the front bumper and hood, im digging our spoilerless/clean look but i was going to sell off other junk...
actually now that you mention it, i could just buy the hood and bumper and probably save some time and money, thanks =)

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
legendaryxmajin said:
well the parts i intend to put on my car are the front bumper and hood, im digging our spoilerless/clean look but i was going to sell off other junk...
actually now that you mention it, i could just buy the hood and bumper and probably save some time and money, thanks =)
gotcha....
that was what I was wondering, as there is virtually no parts on a 99 Cobra to make up a body kit :D In 01 they put Cobra on the back bumper.

good luck...
I am not real sure on prep. I believe they make a nice flexible primer for the urethane bumpers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts