Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Getting Ready for Nats

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  4fit? 
#1 ·
The following is an ongoing conversation I was having with Jeff (4fit) in the '01 section. Jeff is a big user of Meguiars products. I am as well. In no way am I saying is the is the only or best product. It is one of many. I thought I might carry this over to the '08 section and not jack his thread any further. I have attached a couple of in progress pics below.

Bullitt 736 said:
I just picked up some Meg's #6 paint cleaner, #7 and #26. I figure to do a little each night this week. It's about 95 and humid out side with no breeze in the garage. I'm getting too old (or lazy?) for this.
4fit? said:
The #7 and #26 work great together. I would be sure to leave a little time between the coats of #7 and #26 to ensure proper bonding. When I was using that combo, I always waited 24 hours before applying the #26. :cool:
Bullitt 736 said:
I remember youy saying that. I just noticed the #6 is cleaner wax instead of straight cleaner. Will it hurt to use that and then follow with the #7 and #26 you think?
4fit? said:
Not sure that I would use a wax before a glaze. Might want to track down a product for strictly paint cleansing. I'm sure Meg's has one. Many people use Klasse AIO before polishing as a paint cleanser, but the polishing process removes any protection that the Klasse left behind whereas the #7 glaze will not. That might cause some bonding issues.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Compact car

As it turns out, I started with the #6 Cleaner Wax. I probably should not have since I was planning to use the #7 glaze and #26 wax. I will be checking with Meguiars tomorrow. The two pics are just using one coat of the #6. All I can say is wow! I've used the Gold Class wax for a while and couldn't seem to get it this shiny or deep.

If the #6 is not compatible with the #7 over the top followed by the #26 then I will just add a couple of more coats of the #6 and be happy with it this time around. I'll save the #7 and #26 for later.

No flash used. Just the light from my overhead flourescent in the garage. It was near dusk outside.

What do you guys and gals think??? I'll post more pics when finished.

See less See more
#2 ·
NICE SHINE !!!

Looks real good Chuck ... I hope it lasts for you throughout the NATS. :wink:

Any of Yall got any suggestions on how, and what to use best for getting the water spots off of our hood scoops ... ??? :frown:

I sure would appreciate the info.

THANKS ~ !!! :smile:

#4 ·
Looks spiffy from here, Charles.

Can't wait to get a close up gander in person at the Nats.

Also, Glenn, what RCSignals recommended regarding your water spots is right on...start with the least intrusive and step it up gradually to see what works. Hopefully wet sanding is not in your future.

#7 ·
Looks real good Charles! Since #6 contains carnuba, I'm not sure they will sugest topping it with a glaze. Then again, some carnuba-based waxes can be topped with glazes. Let me know what Meg's has to say about it.

TXBLUOVAL said:
Any of Yall got any suggestions on how, and what to use best for getting the water spots off of our hood scoops ... ??? :frown:

I sure would appreciate the info.

THANKS ~ !!! :smile:
Glenn, like rblack, I would recommend starting with a clay bar. If your car has never been clayed, you are in for a big surprise! Trust me! If the water spots have etched into the clear coat, then polishing is in order. Like RC mentioned, ScratchX is a very effective product. Works great by hand application, which is what I am assuming you are after.

9mmBullitt said:
I do #7 and follow with a couple coats of NXT.
Brad, that is a very effective combo. The NXT produces some great results on our DHG. Actually, it is more of a sealant that a wax, so that helps to deepen things up a bit.

I have gotten away from using Meg's exclusively like I used to. It used to be #80 and/or #83 via PC, #7 by hand, and #26 by hand. I have now moved on to Wolfgang products (made by Menzerna). Really liking the results thus far. However, I still us Meg's UQD, #40, GC Trim Detailer, QID, QWD, and a few other products. As far as OTC stuff goes, they are definitely some of the best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.