Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your "getting ready" drama here.

:py1:

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i298.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/Cochese_bucket/M2U00193.flv">

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
Started today. First coat of wax is applied. More to come. D*** its hot and humid.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Compact car

No flash used. Just the light from my overhead flourescent in the garage. It was near dusk outside.

Collin,

Should I pull the plastic off my door sills for Nats??? They're starting to bubble up. :eek: I wonder if the Clear Bra stuff would work well on them (when I get back home)?

I do realize that after working on the car all week getting ready to leave that I'll probably drive through 1200 miles of rain and dirt. :mad:

·
Banned
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
New kicks for the Nats.

Dark brown Converse Chuck Taylor low-cut kicks.

:py2:

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i298.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/Cochese_bucket/M2U00198.flv">

·
Banned
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
Collin,

Should I pull the plastic off my door sills for Nats??? They're starting to bubble up. :eek: I wonder if the Clear Bra stuff would work well on them (when I get back home)?

I do realize that after working on the car all week getting ready to leave that I'll probably drive through 1200 miles of rain and dirt. :mad:
Dude, it's up to you regarding the sill plastic...I still have the passenger side sill plastic intact on 01 DHG 03875. Big bubbles? No troubles! LOL! Yes, I bet that the Clear Bra stuff would work regarding the sills...at least as far as protection goes...not sure how it would look, though. Also, regarding all the work you've done (which looks awesome, btw)...at least you know your paint is protected. :nerd:

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
PX said:
Dude, it's up to you regarding the sill plastic...I still have the passenger side sill plastic intact on 01 DHG 03875. Big bubbles? No troubles! LOL! Yes, I bet that the Clear Bra stuff would work regarding the sills...at least as far as protection goes...not sure how it would look, though. Also, regarding all the work you've done (which looks awesome, btw)...at least you know your paint is protected. :nerd:
I'm going to put a couple of more coats of Nu Finish on my car next weekend, so nasty road debris will bounce off my Bullitt like this:
:nerd::nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
a/c needs a re-charge, I need an alignment, and i'm still trying to track down my new wheels, all in time for this Fri @ 5p.m. when we'll be shipping off for the 900mi trip to MB trhough the night!

EDIT: oh and I need a new chin spoiler cause the damn things so low, and to get atleast another coat of wax on her, the race is on

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Probably throw another coats of carnuba on her before we head out. Need to do a little interior detailing and some CD2 on the engine bay as well. Gonna tape up the front end and behind all the tires with blue painters tape for the ride down.

Stylin' and profilin'. lol!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Mine shall start it's journey on Friday with removal of the interior for full on cleaning. :)

Saturday is going to be engine bay cleaning.

Sunday will be windows and panel cleaning, and interior re-install.

Monday, wheel removal and cleaning. Re-undercoating of wheel wells, and first coat clay car and first coat of wax.

Tuesday, wax coat 2, and underhood detail.

Wednesday... She's in the street.

Only drama I've had so far, is the loss of second gear. And hearing my wife say "Oh, so my car's not good enough to take to Mustang Week, even though the tranny works fine, we're gonna limp yours there and have fun..." That was followed by, "Hon, you can't go to Bullitt Nationals without bringing the Bullitt!"

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
FDWheelMan said:
Mine shall start it's journey on Friday with removal of the interior for full on cleaning. :)

Monday, wheel removal and cleaning. Re-undercoating of wheel wells, and first coat clay car and first coat of wax.

Wednesday... She's in the street
Removing the interior for cleaning!!!???!!?? Wholy cow Jerry!! How filthy could it be!?!?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need to get mine in the air and do the wheel wells and suspension components, but I have a gravel driveway so jacking it up is out of the question. :frown: Might try to get it over to a buddy's house and do it there.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
FDWheelMan said:

Wednesday... She's in the street.

Only drama I've had so far, is the loss of second gear. And hearing my wife say "Oh, so my car's not good enough to take to Mustang Week, even though the tranny works fine, we're gonna limp yours there and have fun..." That was followed by, "Hon, you can't go to Bullitt Nationals without bringing the Bullitt!"
Pull the interior? You're sounding like the Mach guys pulling seats and headlights at the Shootout! :lol:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hahahaha...

Nah, the interior's not dirty at all, but there are some coffee spots on the carpet, and I've got access to a mean grean machine... Figured I'd hit the carpet up, and while I'm doing it, I might as well do it right...

Since I smoke, there are some ashes on the rear parcel shelf, and I want to pull it out to clean it off. While I'm there, I might as well clean everything I can! :)

·
Premium Member
12,936 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
Maybe you can let Dillo borrow your tranny for a few days. :grin:

Hey...if Dillo Dave needs to borrow my tranny for the Nats.....he is more than welcome to come borrow it!!!!
"Bullitt" proof 3650, rebuilt by Promotion w/26 spline input.
Head on down to GA and pull her out!

And Paul....not sure I want any of your spare parts after your 10 second run on a stock mill! But, thanks for the offer LOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts