Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined in early November and was wondering if someone could provide us with a little history of this great club. Thanks a lot!!

·
Premium Member
18,833 Posts
Great question!
I am curious too since I joined soon
after DantheMan in early November.

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-03 11:14 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
hmmm, good question!
what is our anniversary date?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Yes this is a GREAT site.....with lots of good input!! We did keep the BON busy as hell for a while! I wonder if it will repeat with the release of the Terminator or MACH 1??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mus408 on 2002-01-03 15:27 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Well, the domain was first registered on April 14th, but the site went "live" on May 9th (you can see this if you look at the member's list.

You'll see me registering this account on the 9th, and then some fellow Computer Geek types registering on the 10th (I had them test the site), and then later in the day I let the other founders, and a few Yahoo Bullittheads know about it. So technically, May 10th is probably the first official day of this site.

:smile:

B-man

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Ya know, its been so long I have forgotten the names but I have always kinda wondered what happend to some of the BON Bullitt guys...but I think many of them just have different handles on the Bullittclub. I was merc50 back then and I am on here. I gotta ask, how many of you were on the BON thing from the start? I was on fairly early and I followed everything over here, but I guess I am asking how many of you have a different ID from those days?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The funny thing is, back in late augest early sept, i was checking my mail and there was an email that subject was something like bullitt or do you have a bullitt, who was that, that sent me the email that got me to the club.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a bunch of friends that all drive subaru wrx's or audi turbos or vw's or some other form of import and they all gave me "heck" for buying a lowly mustang. One of the guys that drives a wrx said jokingly that i would be joining bullittclub.com and i had no idea wtf he was talking about so i checked it out and have been an avid reader ever since. I guess those rice rocketeers are good for something after all :wink:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Is anything else planned for the club besides the forums? For the longest time it said "Under Construction".

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,183 Posts
And that would be me BULLITTBRO1. I did a search on AOL and saw in your profile that you had a Bullitt and gave you an invite...:smile: Glad I did, too!

Whatever happend to DarkJedi?

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
And I am to, is there any way you can change my joined on date to the day i joined with the old member name?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have never been on BON but I know that I went straight to the best by joining here first! Thanks for all the responses. It is incredible how this site has grown. When I joined, there was about 850 members and now look how many we have! Also, this site made my buying a Bullitt a very comfortable choice!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I had been on BON for quite a while. When the Bullitt car started to become real deal,I was trying to find out more info.on how it would be built,and the BON was the place to be.Then I had to figure a way to afford it,one thing led to another and Bullitt 503 finally arrived....then on to the BullittClub!

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,183 Posts
And Jimmy Ray, the beer's been free ever since! We've even had a couple of beer and hot tub parties here, haven't we! :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Man was it only early May???? Seems like a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. :grin: It definitley was getting ugly there towards the end of my time at BON.

BTY Merc60, I was 98GT on BON.

Speaking of BON, where's our "froppy" friend Catsmasher been???

Cam

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Bullittclub is the only place I know of that Sweet Pie and Beer taste good together
Must be the heat from the HOT TUB
What you think Vicki
67 Fastback

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimmy Ray on 2002-01-04 13:42 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Ya know, I have missed the ol' catsmasher's hoppy froppy dialog as well!!! :-B was SteveBullitt at BON and YaHoo, same as here. Came over and joined as soon as the site was annnounced. Definitely the best place to talk "Bullitt".

DHG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SteveBullitt on 2002-01-04 20:13 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,183 Posts
Yes Steve Bullitt, you are the same person as you were in BON days and Yahoo! I checked my files I made back then of members and you were one of the "original" Bullittheads. :smile:

Jimmy Ray, I wouldn't know about that "apple pie" as hubby did not share any with me :smile: and that hot tub party was pretty darn fun! Time for another one I say!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts