Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Bullitt used about three years ago. The previous owner had installed some type of glass pack mufflers on it and it sounded great. Of course they finally rusted out. I had the guy at Midas put on some Flowmaster 40 series (he stocked them), but the sound isn't nearly as good. Can anyone suggest a make/model of glass pack that would work for these cars?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
flowmaster that sounds bad? interesting
possibly either you have a X pipe or a leak?....

or do you like loud raspy sound? is that what you're looking for?

:edit
good point black2425
is it just not loud enough for you? putting in a offroad midpipe will perfectly solve that problem :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
In answer to your question, I believe if you go to IMCO's website you can find
some glasspacks that might be what you want.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
or go to the flowmaster 10 series top ten race mufflers, the ones with a single chamber... i run these with offroad h hpipe... and it scares old people and children!! plus you get the deep roar of flows versus the open rasp of glasspacks, which i like better myself...

check out this quick vid for a comparison...

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/sniperstang/?action=view&current=wilson015.flv

good luck on your new choice!!
shaun

·
Registered
370 Posts
hqukjc said:
Can anyone suggest a make/model of glass pack that would work for these cars?
I think Summit may still carry them. Was alwaysd kinda curious as to what the Bullitt would sound like with a set of those. I didnt think they were that widely available as they used to be... say 30 years ago. Back then, lots of guys use to run those packed bullet mufflers, or header mufflers that bolted up to the collectors. Sounded great till the glass burned out of em, which didnt take long.

·
Registered
114 Posts
SniperStang said:
or go to the flowmaster 10 series top ten race mufflers, the ones with a single chamber... i run these with offroad h hpipe... and it scares old people and children!! plus you get the deep roar of flows versus the open rasp of glasspacks, which i like better myself...

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k231/sniperstang/?action=view&current=wilson015.flv

shaun
Wow! that sounds really cool!:cool: How much did that set up cost? And do you have high flow cats with the off road h-pipe? And how does it sound inside the car? Does it get old if you drive too long, like on a road trip...?

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
SniperStang said:

shaun
im not liken that too much. too raspy for me, i like the deep tone of a flowmaster 40 or 50 series muffler with an O/R H-pipe

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I had Cherry Bomb mufflers on my '93 GT and they sounded very mellow.

Lasted 4 years and everyone could not believe the cool sound . Nothing like the "Flowblows inyur face" sound.

They are now widly availiable and I'm probably going to put them on my '94 Gt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts