Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read article on GMInsideNews.com that Ford will offer a fixed glass roof in the Mustang.
What next?

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
rblack4405 said:
I think the glass roof is trick.
I agree, it's cool, but imagine how hot the car would get in the summer sun! :eek:

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I sat in a glassback roof car last year.its cool sitting inside looking up

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
My wife drives an Edge with the glass roof. Heat has never been a problem...it is tinted and there is a autoshade inside to slide shut.

This glass roof is pretty cool. Riding inside is a different experience with so much light coming in from above. Love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
even with the tint on my t-tops there are days that the sun still comes through. More here in Texas then back in Cali.

And you can see in the pics of the mustang that there is a shade that can be pulled shut from the back.

I like the idea but I will keep my t-tops as I can take them completely out also.

Gregg

·
Registered
26 Posts
My friend was speaking of these and I didnt believe him. I said no way ford would do that. Im astouned by this, also i dont take too much liking to the mustang giugiaro. I dont know it takes the whole American look away from it. It looks very foreign. I hardly recognize the mustang in it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
During the building of MRT's Interceptor I was at CDC shop to do the first install of the glass roof. The installation was on CDC SEMA mustang, I remember George cutting the hole in the roof of his car first, takes balls to sawsall a hole in your Mustang. The first glass roof was warped and did not fit had to remove and put on another one, it fit ok. the next was the Interceptor and it fit ok. the glass is very thick and heavy, it takes 2 to 4 people to lift it into place. the roof is so dark that from 20 feet you can hardly notice it.

·
Premium Member
7,414 Posts
It does look pretty cool!

I wonder why they don't have the sunroof as an option? I love that on the SportTrac; gives you the option of just the glass (brightening up the interior), a shade (I always use it when parted in the summer), tilt up for ventilation or slide back fully open. In a Mustang the rear seats aren't used that much anyway so doesn't really need the panoramic roof the Edge has.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice option I guess for folks who have to have one but it's not for me (mostly due to safety concerns).

I agree with Greg; I think T-tops are better and it wouldn't be a bad idea to offer a T-top option instead of the glass top (but not in place of a ragtop).

·
Registered
537 Posts
BullittProof 00637 said:
My friend was speaking of these and I didnt believe him. I said no way ford would do that. Im astouned by this, also i dont take too much liking to the mustang giugiaro. I dont know it takes the whole American look away from it. It looks very foreign. I hardly recognize the mustang in it.
I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS AT ALL. MY GLASSBACK ROOF ON MY 2008 MUSTANG IS GREAT AND IT LOOKS EXACTLY STOCK FROM A FEW FEET AWAY. VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE AND CUSTOMIZING YOUR CAR TO SUIT YOURSELF ISN'T A CRIME. I GET COMPLIMENTS ON MY GLASSBACK EQUIPPED BULLITT ALL THE TIME AND NO ONE HAS EXPRESSED NOT LIKING WHAT THEY SEE.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts