Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any idea how to remove circular scratches made by a wiper blade that was imbedded with shale dust ?
It did NOT happen to my Bullitt.
Any help appreciated.
Hesh

·
Registered
47 Posts
For the Future.....after you have gotten your scratchs out, each time you clean your windshield (general cleaning & washing too), clean your wiper blade edges. Many of the new good replacement blades come with a cleaner pad to take the oils off the blade when you install it. Basically an alcohol pad. You can use alcohol on a clean rag or paper towel to get the grime off or when washing the car your soapy cleaning mitt. I need to look around for a better blade cleaner. Since I replace my blades yearly, I have not run into problems with alcohol.

Also, if your windshied is dirty, your headlights are just as dirty and more. I use Plexus on the outside glass and Invisible Glass on the inside (Plexus can be used inside as well, just a little more effort needed). Rain-X will over time fog your headlight covers. Ok on Glass, but NOT on plastic. I have had it de-laminate my motorcycle fairing shield and helmet shields. I use only Plexus on them and now my cars. There are other good cleaners out there as well. To each our own.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I like Pledge for plastic headlight covers. Way cheaper than Plexus or Prist, have used it on motorcycle windshields and mega-dollar aircraft windscreens for years with great results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts