Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went Friday night to pick up TB 4175 from Jasper Indiana. After driving 2180 for the last 4 years with gears and a short shifter and then for the last year with a Supercharger I thought the drive back would be a long and boring drive! I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG! The first time I shifted from first to second I ground the gear because it was such a long distance to go :lol:. I quickly adjusted my shift to make sure that didn't happen again. The first time I got gas MAN was I happy! I got to buy regular unleaded! :smile: After 748miles I can tell you that we all make changes to our cars, some of them make us go a little faster, some of them let us shift quicker, some of them let us turn quicker and at a faster speed. But let me just say that The Bullitt as it came from FORD is an awesome car! I REALLY enjoyed driving 4175 back to the house! :D

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I hear you Jeff! I really enjoy the stock configuration and plan on leaving it that way. Good to hear that Gail and yourself picked up another True Blue.

:smile:

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I guess I missed some of your posts about getting a new one after the wreck, but I have resisted all the peer pressure to lower, chip, supercharge, and who knows what else mods. I like it just the way it is. I have a K&N and a different shifter, that's enough. Post some pics, for sure!

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
I'll post more pics in the new thread.

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
BigBullitt said:
I guess I missed some of your posts about getting a new one after the wreck, but I have resisted all the peer pressure to lower, chip, supercharge, and who knows what else mods. I like it just the way it is. I have a K&N and a different shifter, that's enough. Post some pics, for sure!
I agree David. :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
DHG 1594 has aftermarket headers and exhaust. I have mixed emotions about the noise level. I love it when I'm blasting around on Sunday afternoons and hate it on long trips. Same thing with the short throw shifter, I have to use two hands to get it in reverse.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
I've only had mine for a little less than a year. It is completely stock except for a K&N. I was going to modify it, but I think I'll keep it stock, and if I get the urge, I'll pick up an older GT to play with. That's what happens when you become an old fart!!:confused:

Bruce

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
bluebullitt2180.1 said:
I went Friday night to pick up TB 4175 from Jasper Indiana. After driving 2180 for the last 4 years with gears and a short shifter and then for the last year with a Supercharger I thought the drive back would be a long and boring drive! I WAS COMPLETELY WRONG! The first time I shifted from first to second I ground the gear because it was such a long distance to go :lol:. I quickly adjusted my shift to make sure that didn't happen again. The first time I got gas MAN was I happy! I got to buy regular unleaded! :smile: After 748miles I can tell you that we all make changes to our cars, some of them make us go a little faster, some of them let us shift quicker, some of them let us turn quicker and at a faster speed. But let me just say that The Bullitt as it came from FORD is an awesome car! I REALLY enjoyed driving 4175 back to the house! :D
Good news and good to hear, enjoy and I take my hat off to you both
You have a beautiful new Blue Bullitt

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Two hands for reverse

jim8023 said:
DHG 1594 has aftermarket headers and exhaust. I have mixed emotions about the noise level. I love it when I'm blasting around on Sunday afternoons and hate it on long trips. Same thing with the short throw shifter, I have to use two hands to get it in reverse.
Jim What shifter do you have? I suspect a gearbox fault here as tons of us have short throw shifters and I have no problems in any gear

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
we are keeping the chrome rims on it but we have the originals boxed up nicely when the time comes! I guess that means it's not really BONE stock!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine has been bone stock since the day we bought it we are about to hit 35000 miles it still is a rush when we take it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts