Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend i went to the track and ran a best of 13.8 @102 with a 2.1 60ft time. I just ordered 3.73s today and am getting them put on thurs. Im hopin i can bring my times down a bit with the new gear. Im just really looking forward to the new gearing.

and while i have your attention. Does anybody else have a problem with there side skirts getting really knicked up from driving. The back of mine near the rear tires are both nearly stripped of paint cause of all the chips that have hit them. I really should get them repainted but im afraid they wont match the rest of the paint since it is 6 years old and was my dd for 2 years. Has anyone else had this problem.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
The skirts and the side scoops get really chipped up from normal highway driving. You could get them repainted but then they'd just get chipped up again if you drove the car much at all.

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
Repaint then use 3M Paint Protection Film or Cleartastic. A good private body shop will be able to match your paint very well.

Be sure you wait the required number of weeks of curing time before you cover or wax the paint.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
thats a badge of honor
shows you drive your steed :cool:

:D

·
Registered
141 Posts
They've been like that since I got her, and the PA Turnpike doesn't help the cause either. Part of life, although that 3M idea sounds real good. Anyone know how much it would cost to get the paint touched up and then get the 3M on?

·
Premium Member
6,281 Posts
I am not sure on the cost but a good shop may want to paint the entire panel for the best results.

Cleartastic can be applied yourself and PY can answer all your questions.

But the 3M Paint Protection film should also be applied to your hood, front bumper and forward portions of the front fenders.

I paid about $450 to have a certified installer apply the 3M and after seeing it done I would never try it myself. I had the work done to my 04 GT and I am glad I did.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just bought a ranger about 2 months ago so it isnt my dd anymore so im starting to think about getting that stuff repainted and all that...it isnt a big deal but it bothers me still

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have 7500 miles on my car and they are already getting dinged up. I know it will be multiplied when I put my DD's on. I'm hoping they are not to far go to put some cleartastic over them to prevent more damage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts