Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my 86 is not back into action yet, I'm taking the Bullitt to the 1/8th mile on Saturday. I have never ran this car on the strip but I'm really looking foward to it. I need to get my fix :cloud9: and I do not want to loose any points in my local drag racing series. My Bullitt is stock except for a JLT cold air. Any predictions? I will be happy with high 8's, but we will see. Also, for those who have ran on an 1/8th mile, do you even hit third gear with a stock ring and pinion?
Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
No predictions on your time, but have fun. I'm needing a fix too, I have not been out this year yet :(

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Have fun and report back on how you do. I'm heading out next Saturday for some 1/4 mile runs. The local Chevelle club is having a car show and drag races so I'm going to take the B and also taking the 67 Elcamino we've been getting ready. I'm hoping to have vids of the races.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Jeff Sherrod said:
Matt,
I see your from Columbus too. Are you interested in free track time at Pacemakers. It is only an 1/8th, but it is a blast.
I'm not sure where pacemakers is, but I could try to make it out. When were you talking about? Unfortunately, the next few weeks are really busy. I'm defending my PhD thesis on May 23rd so am trying to get a lot done before then. I was suppose to go to Norwalk for the Buckeye stangs track rental, but the date got moved to a day I couldn't go. National Trails has some Friday night T&T I was going to try to make as well. Like I said, I can't make any promises but I would love to try to make it out.

Matt

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
hollow_point said:
Not to jack a thread, but good luck on the PhD defense. I have another 3 yrs before I get to defend my research.
thanks, it has been a long road.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
Matt Stachler said:
I'm not sure where pacemakers is, but I could try to make it out. When were you talking about? Unfortunately, the next few weeks are really busy. I'm defending my PhD thesis on May 23rd so am trying to get a lot done before then. I was suppose to go to Norwalk for the Buckeye stangs track rental, but the date got moved to a day I couldn't go. National Trails has some Friday night T&T I was going to try to make as well. Like I said, I can't make any promises but I would love to try to make it out.

Matt
Haven't heard of that place either. I ran on a 1/8th at the Nats in KY a few years ago. Pretty fun.

So are you seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet Matt? :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It went 9.77, 9.64, 9.63, 9.60, 9.54, 9.50. No traction at all. The Kuhmos are very hard tires. I need to get a spare set with some Drag Radials on it. I think then it may get to a high 8.

For those locals that would like to go to Pacemakers it is North East of Columbus about 40 minutes. My local club rents it about 10 times a year. I will find out if non club memebers are allowed to come for time trials. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
You will have to post up when the rentals are if we are allowed to come. I would try to make it if my schedule would allow it. late June and July is fairly free and I am hoping to get some track time in then.

chilli bullitt said:
So are you seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet Matt? :)
A little bit. I turned my dissertation into my committee yesterday. The problem is I still have a lot to get done and starting in June I go back to the hospital to finish medical school (I have 2 years (out of 4) left to get my MD), but at least in a week I will have my PhD and and I can make the doctors call me doctor if they p*ss me off. Not that I would really do that, but it is a fun thought!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts