Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off to the track tommorrow morning with the new setup,LT headers,off roar H-pipe,aftercooled Vortech,C&L 80MM,410 gears,slicks,drive shaft loop,

I hope i don't brake an axle!!! The car is setup to go in for 31 spline axles and an eaton posi next week.

Any advice on launching with the Vortech & slicks?

(Best ET to date 13.73 my Bullitt is stock other then Nitto DR's)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2002-03-30 19:00 ]</font>

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not what i was expecting, I made 3 runs.

1St run:
R/T .849
60' 1.669
330 5.205
1/8 8.079
MPH 85.18
1000 10.544
1/4 12.602
MPH 109.40

2nd (Hit rev limiter in 2nd)
R/T (red light)
60' 1.824
330 5.441
1/8 8.337
MPH 85.92
1000 10.812
1/4 12.877
MPH 108.77

3nd (Hit rev limiter in 2nd)
R/T (red light)
60' 1.884
330 5.400
1/8 8.273
MPH 86.56
1000 10.739
1/4 12.800
MPH 108.95

I made adjustments to the shocks on the two last runs it did not help my 60'. The tune still needs work I'll post my dyno sheets under "Dyno Shop" I'm not happy with the power curve etc. The car also has 410's i'm undecided about the 410's I think there not allowing the blower to spool up correctly.
I won't be happy with my current combo untell I'm in the 11's. The car is still work in progress i.e. "Tune" and the driver learning the new combo.

Any Advice, Comments , Welcome.

By the way, I was happy with the 1.66 60' and not breaking my axles!!!!! :-B

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more thing, I had one HELL of a time launching the car. I was trying to launch at 5K BUT at about 2800rpm and up the engine felt like I was hitting the rev limiter,the power would drop and pick back up, this was happing the hole time i was above 2800rpms( Rev's were very unstable "Bouncing up and down". Fuel pump??? anyone?? But after I got up and going it was smooth.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Those times sound about like the 03'Cobra. So we can assume you are in the 390 HP area.Maybe you could use a little more cam timing on the exhaust.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wow!!! That thing is rockin! But I understand the quest for th elusive 11 second range. The only question I have is How drivable is it with the modifications you've made so far? I plan to Spercharge # 85 at some point myself and am wondering how it will affect drivability. Love that 1.6 60 foot.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-30 20:02, Mus408 wrote:
Those times sound about like the 03'Cobra. So we can assume you are in the 390 HP area.Maybe you could use a little more cam timing on the exhaust.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>Stay tuned I'll post my dyno sheets here.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-03-30 20:02, Mus408 wrote:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Here are my dyno sheets the graph says 380rwhp but that's not correct,the last spike at the end must be the 380rwhp. My A/F is on the last two sheets. I spoke to dyno jet they said with 4.10 gears you will see less rwhp so i'm assuming the rwhp is a little higher.

www.home.earthlink.net/~buickgsconv65/dyno4.jpg

www.home.earthlink.net/~buickgsconv65/dyno2.jpg

www.home.earthlink.net/~buickgsconv65/dyno3.jpg

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On 2002-03-30 20:16, qtrhorse wrote:
Wow!!! That thing is rockin! But I understand the quest for th elusive 11 second range. The only question I have is How drivable is it with the modifications you've made so far? I plan to Spercharge # 85 at some point myself and am wondering how it will affect drivability. Love that 1.6 60 foot.

It's very drivable,the S/C kicks in around 3k so untel then your driving the car on motor only. The only think that will make the car feel different "better" is gears after you have the S/C installed.

(Best ET to date 13.73 my Bullitt is stock other then Nitto DR's)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2002-03-30 20:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Nice times Ray. You'll be able to get into the 11s with some more seat time.

The short times are good(well the 1.6X anyway), do you think the trap speeds are enough to hit 11s as it sits?

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On 2002-03-31 11:38, Barnaby wrote:
Nice times Ray. You'll be able to get into the 11s with some more seat time.

The short times are good(well the 1.6X anyway), do you think the trap speeds are enough to hit 11s as it sits?

Yes seat time will help,but i think i'm having problems with the S/C.
Question,I know you don't drag race but when you have your Bullitt with the S/C in 1st gear(clutch in not moving like your ready to launch) and give it gas when the RPMs rise when it gets to 3000k and up is it smooth from there,(above 3000 to around 5000).
Mine is not it bounces up and down.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On 2002-03-31 11:38, Barnaby wrote:
do you think the trap speeds are enough to hit 11s as it sits?

No it's not enough somothing is not right,
with my setup my trap speed should be around 116.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
On 2002-03-31 12:06, BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) wrote:
Yes seat time will help,but i think i'm having problems with the S/C.
Question,I know you don't drag race but when you have your Bullitt with the S/C in 1st gear(clutch in not moving like your ready to launch) and give it gas when the RPMs rise when it gets to 3000k and up is it smooth from there,(above 3000 to around 5000).
Mine is not it bounces up and down.
Freaky. Definitely not normal. Possible vacuum leak? Is your boost climbing smoothly(I know it's hard to tell in those high RPMs)? What's your FP doing up there? Any injector faults?

I would try to get on an Autotap to check everything Ford on there. It may be something simple.
I know you don't drag race
Just not my Bullitt. This is my other toy.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Boy, it didn't like shrinking that pic down from 2.5M to 100K. You get the idea though.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice ride Barnaby!!! I'll pull the Bullitt out in the driveway to see what is going on with the FP. Stay tuned.....

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
On 2002-03-31 20:21, BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) wrote:
Nice ride Barnaby!!! I'll pull the Bullitt out in the driveway to see what is going on with the FP. Stay tuned.....

Something is not right, with the car in neutral and then in 1st with the clutch in.
(I did this with the car in 1st with clutch in and then in neural)
I let the car warm up,when I give it gas and rev to and then past 3k the RPM's go crazy,what happens is let's say i'm at 3500rpm's the rev's drop about 200/300 rpm's and then goes back to 3k drops again and then back up, this happens at all rpm's after 3k. The FP is around 25psi+/- at all times.And i can not make boost with the S/C.The vacuum on the boost gauge stays around 20. But when i drive the car i can make boost.
should i be able to make boost with the car standing still?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Yes, you should be able to make full boost free reving the car.

Based on what you're saying about the boost guage I would check every vacuum line that was tapped into for the SC install. Another thing that comes to mind is a bad bypass valve. If that's staying open then you will not build any boost at all. It will act like a huge vacuum leak. Your FP should spike immediately when the you go to WOT. It should come back down shortly after, but it should spike.

1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On 2002-03-31 21:10, Barnaby wrote:
Yes, you should be able to make full boost free reving the car.

That's what i thought, I'll have the vacuum lines checked. I did'nt go WOT because of the problem i'm having after 3K. I'll check the FP after the vacuum problem is fixed.

How much of a spike should I see on the fuel gauge?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
My FP at idle is around 25psi, it spikes to over 50psi when I go to WOT.

Good luck, I'll bet it's something relatively simple. Just got to find it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts