Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well have to see if years of drag racing pays off with my Bullitt. This is the first modular powered car i have ever driven or owned so it's gonna be a challange. I'll post my times after i get back from the track.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well the Bullitt did what i expected it to do. I ran a best of 14.160 @ 97.99mph. The air temp was 90 and humitity of 97%. Not bad for first time racing a mod motor. Average 60 ft times were 2.18 but a best of 2.08. Running 25psi in rear tires. Shifting the car around 5700rpms felt the best but loseing lots of time spinning in 2nd and barking 3rd. Never shifted in 4th. Hope this info keeps all you others looking to take yours to the track. I don't plan on drag racing this car much but i just wanted to know what it ran on street tires. I have a set of BFG Drags and M/T ET Streets that will fit that car. Maybe i'll try those later to see how fast i can get it in stock form :grin: .

·
Registered
22 Posts
Excellent times considering the weather conditions! With slightly cooler weather you will easily be in the 13's. What were other 99+ Gt's, & F-bodies running?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Damn that 97% humidity is a killer! The track up here might as well be wet,as far as street tires are concerned. The DenseCharger sure feels better on the street,and that's all that matters.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just wait til your Bullitt's loosen up a bit! My '00 GT went 14.15 with 1600 miles on it, and after 16,000 miles it went 13.87 in the 1/4 mile. Strange thing is that my trap speed was identical at 98.3 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts