Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a fun driving experience tonight. Was out with some guy that formed a Ford Ranger Truck club (other car...), and brought the Bullitt out. As we were leaving to go out to dinner, I turned off T/C and stomped it after completing a turn out of the parking lot. What happened next wasn't very fun. The tires lit up like I expected, except I didn't get traction, even after I shifted into second. The car fishtaled like mad and almost did a 180. I let of and did some serious correcting to save it. I'm glad the road was a four lane with no traffic. These good years have to go. I'm going to look at some D/R's now. Can I use D/R's on a daily driver?

·
Registered
762 Posts
They work for me. I'm using the Nitto drag radials for street driving.

·
Registered
835 Posts
How do the DR's work in the rain? The DR's I've seen don't look like I'd like to tempt fate in the downpours we sometimes have in Houston.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
i would NOT use them in the rain!!!! they are awesome for dry pavement

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Dr's absorb water. Hence.......drive in rain and slide EVERYWHERE. been there done that. Not again if i can help it

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
go to www.tirerack.com and do a search and check out all the comparisons and tests
a GREAT place to find out about tires no matter where you plan to buy

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-22 01:34, Walkman003309 wrote:
Had a fun driving experience tonight. Was out with some guy that formed a Ford Ranger Truck club (other car...), and brought the Bullitt out. As we were leaving to go out to dinner, I turned off T/C and stomped it after completing a turn out of the parking lot. What happened next wasn't very fun. The tires lit up like I expected, except I didn't get traction, even after I shifted into second. The car fishtaled like mad and almost did a 180. I let of and did some serious correcting to save it. I'm glad the road was a four lane with no traffic. These good years have to go. I'm going to look at some D/R's now. Can I use D/R's on a daily driver?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Also I have been using Texaco gas and it sucks,,,, I have to keep adding more to the tank about every 300 miles.
Mid Life Crisis #388

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mid Life Crisis #388 on 2002-04-12 12:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
337 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-04-05 01:26, HoustonBullitt wrote:
I must agree with the BadYear comments...what would you recommend for 245-275 all weather tire replacements...if no on the Nitros?
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Kumho Ecsta 712. Around $100 each. Great tire for the money. Also like the Bridgestone Pole Position ($$$), BFG's, and Michelin (the MXX3 was a great tire). Keep in mind tire noise, tire weight, and tread wear, not just traction (dry and wet).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts