Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my novi 2000 installed this weekend. I got tunned today. I have a very safe tune thats giving me 381.66HP 361.87Torq:b01: :hyper2:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, A trip to the track I hope will be in the near future before the weather turns bad. I will try to get a Video up tommorw Its suppose to be nice out. This thing is like a completely different car I cant get enough of it.

·
Registered
879 Posts
i was talking to some my buddy's the other day about me supercharging my car, and they said it was a waste of time w.o building the motor to be reliable and withstand lots of boost. they brought up to me that everyone theyve known w stock motors with even safe boost it always blows the motor eventually. Are they crazy or what do you guys think....and yeah sick man goodluck!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
That's awesome Bruce, I'm super jealous!

JediBullitt said:
i was talking to some my buddy's the other day about me supercharging my car, and they said it was a waste of time w.o building the motor to be reliable and withstand lots of boost. they brought up to me that everyone theyve known w stock motors with even safe boost it always blows the motor eventually. Are they crazy or what do you guys think....and yeah sick man goodluck!!
I know plenty of people running boost on stock motors with no problem, look at Pete, aka TheCat033!

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
many people have added blowers without any engine problems, much of it depends on the tune. ask the many owners on here about it.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its all in the hands of the tuner. I dont exepect to blow my motor anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought a tuner kit then bought the rest seprate, but your best bet is the mongoose kit from Modularpowerhouse.com. They come with everything you need, even a tune but I would still get it tweaked on a dyno.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Congrats Bruce!

....an +1 on modular powerhouse for anyone looking for a complete kit

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
:lol: Yeah, 1543 was safe until I got stupid in a race and over reved it and stayed in the rev limiter to long. Broken pistons and twisted rods was the result. Now she is sporting an 03 cobra block,crank, rods and 20 over 18cc dd pistons,rev limiter moved up to 6500. Going with more boost when i get smaller pulley from K-B. Right now with the 10psi pulley on she is making just over 400rwhp and 405tq.cant get more because of pulley and needs bigger fuelpump. So yes as long as you dont get stupid you can be safe.

·
Registered
937 Posts
$4300 is what I spent total.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.