Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Maturity would go out the window at that point, and I would U-turn in the most obnoxious and attention drawing manner possible, and then I'd pop the hood and show them my sticker. But that's just me... :smile:

I don't expect people who don't own one to worship my Bullitt, but don't call it a GT with a cosmetic package, and DON'T tell me it's FAKE! :evil:

Joe

·
Banned
975 Posts
I underheard the same comment at a Mustang Show. I questioned the person and his reply was that Ford only made the Bullitt in DHG. That my Black Bullitt was a modified Mustang and that was the Class that they would put " MB 4875 " in for the show. I lifted the hood and show them the sticker and that was the end of story.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That would pi** me off, too! That someone ignorant enough about the Bullitt to not even know what colors they came in would call you a fake! ARRRGH!

Joe

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You know that at car shows the folks who tend to "know it all" don't have cars at the show. It's like some Star Trek disease.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Know how you feel, we had both of our Bullitts at a local show and some know it all started spouting off that they couldn't be real Bullitts. Luckily his wife and daughter corrected him before I got too! The mother & daughter were impressed, but he just walked off.

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
2,009 Posts
Here is a good one. Stopped in Manhatten Kansas at the Ford dealer to see if I could find a color Phamplet, I drove my Bullitt and the saleman was outside. He whispered as he pulled my wife and I to his office that he had a bullitt at the mall, and he was getting his sale manager to get it for us. I asked what color it was and he said they only come in one color, green like my car, only his was a Bullitt. I explained that it comes in black and Blue and that my car was a Bullitt and I only wanted a Phamplet.. He thought he had a sale. He doesn't even know his cars, and he has one to sell.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,249 Posts
IF you were one of the lucky ones to have a phamphlet, it would be a good idea to take it along for a car show. I have DHG #344 and take it along just to show the people all the features of the Bullitt.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was at the track a few weeks ago when some dorf-hole asked me if my Bullitt was a 'real' Bullitt. He was driving a 00 GT and I said there was only one way to find out. We lined up and I kicked his ass by almost 0.4 sec.

I thought about showing him my 'customer appreciation' package from Ford, then I remembered that I DIDN"T HAVE ONE!

2001 Bullitt #1585

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-10-15 12:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-10-15 12:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
53 Posts
Haha, a little bit of trivial info, but on the "Hero card" that was just posted, all three of those cars are DHG, actually it is the same car and same photo for all three, the colors were edited in later.

·
Registered
595 Posts
In an interesting twist, a friend in my local Impala club owns a used car dealership (mostly ex-police vehicles) & asked me to look at a Bullitt Mustang he was getting as part of a trade with another dealer. Well, because of me, he knew right away it wasn't a real Bullitt, even though it had the 17" Torq Thrust's, trunk emblem, sill plates & shifter. Why? 'Cause it was yellow. As soon as he saw it, he told the guy no thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That guy could qualify for the next version of "World's dumbest con artists".
Passing off a yellow Bullitt! Hee Hee :smile:
Next thing you know there will be convertible Bullitts and Bullitts with the ultra-rare automatic transmission option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts