Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Maturity would go out the window at that point, and I would U-turn in the most obnoxious and attention drawing manner possible, and then I'd pop the hood and show them my sticker. But that's just me... :smile:

I don't expect people who don't own one to worship my Bullitt, but don't call it a GT with a cosmetic package, and DON'T tell me it's FAKE! :evil:

Joe

·
Banned
975 Posts
I underheard the same comment at a Mustang Show. I questioned the person and his reply was that Ford only made the Bullitt in DHG. That my Black Bullitt was a modified Mustang and that was the Class that they would put " MB 4875 " in for the show. I lifted the hood and show them the sticker and that was the end of story.

·
Registered
451 Posts
That would pi** me off, too! That someone ignorant enough about the Bullitt to not even know what colors they came in would call you a fake! ARRRGH!

Joe

·
Registered
41 Posts
Know how you feel, we had both of our Bullitts at a local show and some know it all started spouting off that they couldn't be real Bullitts. Luckily his wife and daughter corrected him before I got too! The mother & daughter were impressed, but he just walked off.

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
1,996 Posts
Here is a good one. Stopped in Manhatten Kansas at the Ford dealer to see if I could find a color Phamplet, I drove my Bullitt and the saleman was outside. He whispered as he pulled my wife and I to his office that he had a bullitt at the mall, and he was getting his sale manager to get it for us. I asked what color it was and he said they only come in one color, green like my car, only his was a Bullitt. I explained that it comes in black and Blue and that my car was a Bullitt and I only wanted a Phamplet.. He thought he had a sale. He doesn't even know his cars, and he has one to sell.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,643 Posts
IF you were one of the lucky ones to have a phamphlet, it would be a good idea to take it along for a car show. I have DHG #344 and take it along just to show the people all the features of the Bullitt.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was at the track a few weeks ago when some dorf-hole asked me if my Bullitt was a 'real' Bullitt. He was driving a 00 GT and I said there was only one way to find out. We lined up and I kicked his ass by almost 0.4 sec.

I thought about showing him my 'customer appreciation' package from Ford, then I remembered that I DIDN"T HAVE ONE!

2001 Bullitt #1585

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-10-15 12:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CatSmasher on 2001-10-15 12:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
595 Posts
In an interesting twist, a friend in my local Impala club owns a used car dealership (mostly ex-police vehicles) & asked me to look at a Bullitt Mustang he was getting as part of a trade with another dealer. Well, because of me, he knew right away it wasn't a real Bullitt, even though it had the 17" Torq Thrust's, trunk emblem, sill plates & shifter. Why? 'Cause it was yellow. As soon as he saw it, he told the guy no thanks.

·
Registered
193 Posts
That guy could qualify for the next version of "World's dumbest con artists".
Passing off a yellow Bullitt! Hee Hee :smile:
Next thing you know there will be convertible Bullitts and Bullitts with the ultra-rare automatic transmission option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.