Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the F&%$#@G terrorists I have been
laid off from my pilot job at Delta.:evil: Will go back eventually but don't know when. More time to dink with the Bullitt. I am very
lucky I can dink with my car since several
thousand others are dead from the attacks
and can't dink. God Bless America!!!!!!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-12-01 10:58 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-12-02 14:31 ]</font>

·
Registered
714 Posts
I hear ya, I just got my lay off notice from Boeing on Monday. At least they give you 60 days before they punt you out the door. Anyone need a motivated, young, production manager??

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Sorry to hear that, guys, especially from a former rotorhead, Collin. If you're ever interested in getting into civilain rotorcraft flying, especially flightseeing or EMS let me know. I may be able to help. Hang in there bro.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I made it through the first cuts at our company, but if things don't pickup in the aviation world there could be more cuts for us. I hope you all have luck finding new jobs and get back to normal lives.

Death is to good for Bin Laden and his buddies as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully they will find a way to make it very very slow and painful.:evil: If I sound bitter It's because I am. Spent 20 yrs in the military and the last 8 yrs was under Clinton and his limp D**k policies.:mad: Damn near ruined our military in my opinion. If someone stronger and more focused were in office they may have killed Bin Laden years ago for the other bombings. Did Clinton think this guy was going away? :???: Oh well, sorry, I'll get off my soap box and on with life.:smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2001-12-01 15:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2001-12-01 15:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
543 Posts
Very sorry to hear about that guys. It's not just aviation. Just about every industry is laying off. I have 22 years with IBM and managed to keep a job during the worst of it. With the economy in recession we are all volnerable regardless of industry. Especially if you are middle aged and making 6 figures. Hope you both are able to land jobs soon.

John

·
Registered
596 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, just get a little peeved at things like that!

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

And rightly so, if I may say so myself. I remember last year my company wanted us to work overtime to meet demand. Now they are saying goodbye to 15% of the people who worked their butts off to make record sales the year before. There's no honor between thieves and big companys. If you can even tell them apart. :smile: Damn I'm sinical (sp) today. I think I need a beer...... GULP!! Now, that's better, life is good now..

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the support Bullittheads! Think
I'll go out to the garage, turn on the neon
Bud sign, crack open a tall boy Bud, and wax
the hood scoop on DHG 3875!(With Zymol)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Im a fellow Union member.Its tuff all over.Hang in there.War allways boosts the economy.In your case,I think as soon as we get Bin Ladin and his group ppl wil travel again.Pray for a quick resolve and the rest will take care of itself.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I know what it feels like, I got laid off in Oct. from United Airlines. It's hard, but I'm sure things will get better as soon as we kick Bin Ladens A**. Hang in there.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Things are slow at our plant also. Been working there as a Tool&Die Maker for 23 yrs. I guess as long as those stamping dies break,someone will have to repair them. If I can hang in there 8 more years,I should be able to retire. Hope you guys make it thru all this OK. Hope I can do the same!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good luck Bullittheads, may the Force be with
you and God Bless AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-12-02 02:24 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-12-02 02:26 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Collin Wayne on 2001-12-02 02:27 ]</font>

·
Registered
418 Posts
Tell me about the lay off's I'm a 14 year Boeing Mechanical Calibration guy and Union people didn't get*&^% Out the door. Just as we were looking for a Bullitt. 5 Months now and Nothing job wise, Time to forget the industry. At least I have my two Mustangs still...65 Fastback 351 4spAOD and a 91 5.0 with all the goodies...But still no Bullitt, Maybe paint the 65?

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mayfiebl, I am a pilot for Delta and we
got shafted since we have a no furlough
policy in our contract, but 400 pilots were
furloughed anyway. I hate terrorists. I also
need to go to bed.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mus408, hang in there Bullitt buddy, you
WILL make it.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I shall drop the clutch for the first time tomorrow in tribute to you guys! Hang in there, God is on our side.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Collin Wayne wrote:
Thanks to the F&%$#@G terrorists I have been
laid off from my pilot job at Delta. Will go
back eventually but don't know when.

Collin, you may want to try Jet-Professionals.com. They are a placement service (part time AND full time)if you are current in any corporate aircraft. Also, the fractionals are hiring (EJA, etc.), however, they may require you to resign your seniority..........good luck!!

For BULLITT 4660.....
Jay, I noticed that you have a Vortech supercharger on your Bullitt. I am considering the same for mine. Have you posted any info on the price, install, performance gains, etc.? I'd love to talk to someone before I spent the cash.

THANKS!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I hope things start shaping up too, I build CF6 turbofan engines for GE, and American just happens to be one of our biggest domestic customers. They lost 2 widebodies and a 757 this year. I imagine there will be an ungodly amount of lawsuits against this company for the terrorist and non-terrorist related incidents that have occured. They can't take much more brunt. The other airlines, both domestic and international, are all getting bit by the terrorist bug. Anyone that has been in aviation awhile knows that this is one of the most unstable career fields to be in. However, it was our choice to be in it for the love of aviation, at least in my opinion, and we have for the most part, been able to overcome some of the largest obstacles the field has created.
Anyhow, enough blabbering. For those who have been laid off, I wish you the best in getting back on track. Keep a positive outlook, and remember, you will always have your Bullitt family for support. :smile:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Quote:
For BULLITT 4660.....
Jay, I noticed that you have a Vortech supercharger on your Bullitt. I am considering the same for mine. Have you posted any info on the price, install, performance gains, etc.? I'd love to talk to someone before I spent the cash.

Jay,
Forgrt my last post - I did a search and found tons of info on the Vortech........
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Damn.. now I feel like a bit of a boob for bitching that I don't have broadband anymore.. Anyhow, I also know a few people that got nailed at Midway airport in Chicago and they've been recently called back so keep the faith there and hopefully you'll get the return call!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'm really fortunate, job wise, because when the economy slides, my company goes into overdrive!

If history repeats itself, the economy will recover heartily. War does have it's benefits sometimes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts