Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried a few shift knobs; MGW (too small), fat knob - (nice, but did'nt perfectly match the rest of the interior), and the stock one (too small - gets too hot and too cold). I now finally have the perfect one, the Hurst T-handle. It has the retro look I was looking for, and perfectly matches the rest of the brushed aluminum interior & MGW pieces. Now, just like the Springsteen song "Racing In The Streets", I have a Hurst on the floor (I'm going to see Bruce tonight in Asbury Park. Living in NJ is great!!!).
If you're thinking of getting one, they don't make it in our thread size - m12x1.75. I bought the metric universal kit, and tapped the threads. This worked fine. I also wrapped some black electrical tape around the shifter stem, under the handle. We'll see how that holds up. If it does'nt, I'll just get some small black plastic tubing. This shift handle is really comfortable, and looks great! I highly reccomend it.

1,169 Posts
Nice shifter, But you lucky SOB!!! I'm living down in Ft.Myers Fla. now.I'm originally from Jersey City NJ, I was at Bruce's "FREE" concert at Liberty state park mid 80's. It rocked!!!! He got a ton of tickets for noise pollution!
Like I said you luck SOD..... :-B

·
Registered
103 Posts
What no pics?! I want the T-Handle also. Show us what it looks like!
Thanx in advance

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a crappy digital camera that I have'nt used in a while. I'll try to get it working, and post some pictures this week.

The Hurst t-handle is under $25 - much cheaper than other shift knobs. The m12x1.75 tap is under $3. A member on this forum (JayP) got a bad t-handle, so tell to whoever you buy it from to check it out before they send it to you.

Having the tap is useful. I think I'm going to turn an old 8-ball into my next shift knob with that tap.

I have'nt noticed the hot/cold problem yet. Maybe this has that problem too.

Bruce was awesome , by the way. 3.5 hours! The place was the size of a highschool gym. Elvis Costello, Bruce Hornseby, Southside Johnny, and Garland Jeffries all played with Bruce. Tony Soprano was in attendance too!

2001 DHG Bullitt GT #903
Mac O/R H Pipe, FRP Aluminum Driveshaft, Densecharger, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, 35mm H&R Wheel Spacers, MGW stuff, FR500 Steering Wheel, ATS Sequential Tail Lights, Hurst T-Handle, low profile antenna

69 Mustang 302 Con

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrSteed on 2001-12-09 15:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Go for it! The 8-ball knob should look pretty bad a**. Fat knobs are around the same size and weight of a billiard ball. If I had known that before, I would'nt have bought the Fat knob. If I remember correctly, it was around $40.

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-09 15:51, MrSteed wrote:
I do have a crappy digital camera that I have'nt used in a while. I'll try to get it working, and post some pictures this week.

The Hurst t-handle is under $25 - much cheaper than other shift knobs. The m12x1.75 tap is under $3. A member on this forum (JayP) got a bad t-handle, so tell to whoever you buy it from to check it out before they send it to you.

Having the tap is useful. I think I'm going to turn an old 8-ball into my next shift knob with that tap.

I have'nt noticed the hot/cold problem yet. Maybe this has that problem too.

Bruce was awesome , by the way. 3.5 hours! The place was the size of a highschool gym. Elvis Costello, Bruce Hornseby, Southside Johnny, and Garland Jeffries all played with Bruce. Tony Soprano was in attendance too!

2001 DHG Bullitt GT #903
Mac O/R H Pipe, FRP Aluminum Driveshaft, Densecharger, Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, 35mm H&R Wheel Spacers, MGW stuff, FR500 Steering Wheel, ATS Sequential Tail Lights, Hurst T-Handle, low profile antenna

69 Mustang 302 Con

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrSteed on 2001-12-09 15:55 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Like i said you lucky SOB.... "T" in the audiance..... :-B

1 - 7 of 7 Posts