Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ME and my buddy put the mac H O/R pipe on today. Sounds real, real good with the stock cat back. Real rumblly and got improvment and the upper RPM's. Great Mod and cheap. 128 delivered to my front door. I would highly recommened this mod. I like the sound a lot better then my old Xpipe/maganflow set up I had on my 2000GT. IT is more muscle car sounding. Drone is not bad at all.

Doug

·
Registered
22 Posts
Learo2000GT,

How long did it take? Did you use the stock bolts or buy new ones? And did you weld the pipe in the middle or use a clamp? Sorry about all the questions but I'm thinking about the same mod.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is that the MAC "economy" O/R H Pipe (there's 3 different ones but that seems to be about the price point)?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YUP it is the economy O/R pipe. I used clamps. YOu have to replace the driver side studs to have it fit right. But I just put in bolts. YOu need M10-1.5 x 30mm. Get some washers as well. All you need is a small wrench and they come right out. I used clamps (2) in the middle. No leaks and it sounds GREAT with stock cat back. I had the bassani X w/o cats on before and it sounded like junk. Nice power increase at 3 to 5 grand. For the price you can not beat it. Plus you do not need to replace your stock cat back. I will try to get a wav file if I can find my Microphone.

Doug

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MIL's from dallas mustang.. I have had them around for some time..

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds great... stock sound but more grumbly and screams at wide open throttle.. you will not be disapointed. I love mine...

Doug

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Doug and all,
Forgive my ignorance here...You got the Mac O/R H pipe...Does that replace the stock H pipe with its two catalytic converters? I suppose that's my you needed MILS (don't know what they are or what they look like but I think I understand that they "trick" the computer into thinking the cats are still there)? Would this be a problem at smog check time since the cats are now gone?
Does Mac sell an O/R H with the cats installed in it like stock? Wouldn't this be easier to install...and less of a headache at smog inspection time?
Finally, what are the diameters of the pipes you used (I'm not sure what the stock diameter is...2.25 inch)?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Doug and all,
Forgive my ignorance here...You got the Mac O/R H pipe...Does that replace the stock H pipe with its two catalytic converters? I suppose that's my you needed MILS (don't know what they are or what they look like but I think I understand that they "trick" the computer into thinking the cats are still there)? Would this be a problem at smog check time since the cats are now gone?
Does Mac sell an O/R H with the cats installed in it like stock? Wouldn't this be easier to install...and less of a headache at smog inspection time?
Finally, what are the diameters of the pipes you used (I'm not sure what the stock diameter is...2.25 inch)?

yes it replaces the stock h pipe and the 2 cats on it. I have smg check every 5 years on new car, so I just saved my stock H pipe and will put it back on when the time comes. After you do this install once, it is a real no brainer.. I can do it in 30 minutes now. I believe it is 2.25.

I do not think Mac makes one with cats, and if they did install would be no different. My experance has been cated H or X pipes usually go **** up real soon, plus you dont get the extra flow. ON a side note we put my car in a smog checker at a friends station and it passed. Key is to get it hot before emmisons testing.....

Doug

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hey Learo,

It may pass the smog emissions test, but not the visual inspection. In my experience, the first thing they do is check to make sure you have cats. Then again I'm in California, so they may be a little stricter here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts