Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And really didn't like it much. It was described as a simple unit that plugs into the factory harness. What I got was the Abbot box,which requires cutting and splicing into the factory wiring,plus some calibration you have to do. Not exactly what I expected,I don't like cutting into the factory harness on this car. Will send back and ship my chip to PHP for the reburn.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
don't mean to sound slow Mus408 but are you talking about gear/speedo recalibration?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that was it. I spoke with PHP,and the ratio reburn is FREE! I will also get it tweeked for the O/R H-pipe. But I was also thinking,a slightly more agressive spark curve could be used,since there is a lower gear ratio installed.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
sounds right to me!!
go for it and start to make more out of the chip's performance!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I'm having 3.73s and a Tri-Ax installed later this week and the speed shop told me I needed one otherwise I would be running 8 miles an hour faster indicated than actual. Didn't sound bad until I added up the extra miles. He said the box, which mounts on top of the tranny, next to the shifter would compensate for it and said re-flashing the chip wouldn't. Any inputs?

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know. When I talked with Paul's HighPerformance,they told me the SuperChip could be programmed to correct the speedometer. The Abbot box,according to directions,must be mounted inside the car,then connected to the Speed Sensor,thru the wiring harness.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-18 21:20, h1resq wrote:
I'm having 3.73s and a Tri-Ax installed later this week and the speed shop told me I needed one otherwise I would be running 8 miles an hour faster indicated than actual. Didn't sound bad until I added up the extra miles. He said the box, which mounts on top of the tranny, next to the shifter would compensate for it and said re-flashing the chip wouldn't. Any inputs?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I trust you are having Chris install your gears??? :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts