Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from my salesman. My Dealer has the new sticker and I have to make an appointment to have it installed!!!
It only took me 7 months to get it!!!!
Yahoo!!!!!!!

Bullitt 369
Cape Canaveral Fl

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT 369 on 2002-01-16 20:50 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
cool Fred!! apparently you are the 1st!!
let us know...please

·
Premium Member
18,833 Posts
Good deal Fred!
Let us know how it goes!
Very curious!

·
Registered
147 Posts
How will the rest of us get contacted if we aren't the original owners? Some have bought these bad boys w/2-5k miles on them. Let us know, thanks. Sorry if I missed this in an earlier class, but my dog ate my homework.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Fred,

The image didn't come through. Can you try to upload again. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Hi Fred,

Also are they going to cover your sticker with something? The new one that is :wink: 227 is still in one piece, but I don't know for how long.

Thanks

Bud

·
Registered
821 Posts
Fred,

If you see this post, just wondering....how did you get the sticker? I mean, how do you get through to someone who will listen when you need a new sticker because yours is no longer legible? Just wondering what I need to do to get a replacement...mine didn't last long!

Thanx,

·
Registered
509 Posts

Fred,
Did the dealer just contact you when it came in or did you call him "bird-dogging" it?

2001 Mustang GT Bullitt #910
Dark Highland Green,w/fogs,
Steeda Tri-Ax, Denscharger,
SuperChip, Alum D/S,MGW Stuff.
1967 Mustang GT Coupe, HP 390,
4 spd Hurst,Aculpulco Blue.
http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/Uploads/1010850

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: schmedlap on 2002-01-12 11:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I faxed this to my salesman who is a friend, he had the parts dept. call, and they sent it right away. see below......

Ok...here is the e-mail from Mr. Mark Wilson.

Collin,

Currently there is a special service message (see below) which outlines how to obtain a replacement label if yours is damaged. At this time there is not a clear label available from Ford.

SSM#15505

SOME 2001 BULLITT MUSTANG MAY HAVE THE LETTERING COME OFF THE BULLITT AUTHENTICITY STICKER THAT IS FOUND ON THE DRIVER'S SIDE SHOCK TOWER. THIS MAY BE DUE TO THE USE OF CERTAIN CLEANING PRODUCTS. IF THIS DOES OCCUR OR THE STICKER IS DAMAGED IN ANY WAY, PLEASE CONTACT OUR SPECIAL SERVICE SUPPORT CENTER AT 1-800-325-5621 TO OBTAIN ONE (1) REPLACEMENT STICKER. THIS STICKER WILL NOT BE RELEASED FOR SERVICE AT A LATER DATE. THEREFORE, THIS WILL BE THE
ONLY STICKER PROVIDED. DEALER WILL NEED TO PROVIDE THE VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (VIN), BULLITT STICKER # AND REFERENCE THIS SSM # AT THIS TIME. THIS SERVICE CENTER CAN BE CONTACTED M-F 7:30AM-7:30PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME (EST) AND SAT. 8:00AM-5:00PM .

Mark Wilson
Mustang Upstream Program Mgr.

They are wanting to install the new sticker, but I am going to try to get them to give it to me for my scrap book.

As for the cover for it, I got a sample of...see threads from sept..the clear material...as I posted earlier...from the company who makes the clear bra out of that soft plastic that we can order for our cars...see earlier poste...that I saved for when I finally got the new sticker. May 5th to now......Its great to have the new sticker ready for for me and my BULLITT. I hope the dealer will go for that. Ford probably wants a guarantee from the dealer that it was installed on the correct car and will not be resold in the future....whatever they want...its just nice!!!
Fred
Whats wrong with my sig...

·
Premium Member
18,833 Posts
Hi Fred, is the sticker they have for you the
third sticker from the Ford archives.
(Mr. T, where are you?)
I hope that you can pull off having them
not install it so you can put the new
hologram in your scrapbook. I was also
wondering, do the holograms have to be
damaged to get the new hologram from Ford?
I would assume at least one (most likely
the shock tower hologram) would have to
be damaged to get the new hologram.
I would like to get a new hologram too
(for my Bullitt portfolio) but since both
my holograms are in excellent condition
I do not think I qualify to get a new
one.

I am happy to hear that this almost finished
for you...keep us posted on if they install
the hologram or hand it to you.

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-12 22:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PY,
The 3rd hologram will be released if your shock tower hologram becomes damaged. You have to bring your Bullitt to your dealer so they can confirm damage and then they will order the 3rd hologram. Hope that helps...they wont send the third if your hologram is not damaged.

·
Registered
437 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-12 22:36, PY wrote:
Hi Fred, is the sticker they have for you the
third sticker from the Ford archives.
(Mr. T, where are you?)
I hope that you can pull off having them
not install it so you can put the new
hologram in your scrapbook. I was also
wondering, do the holograms have to be
damaged to get the new hologram from Ford?
I would assume at least one (most likely
the shock tower hologram) would have to
be damaged to get the new hologram.
I would like to get a new hologram too
(for my Bullitt portfolio) but since both
my holograms are in excellent condition
I do not think I qualify to get a new
one.

I am happy to hear that this almost finished
for you...keep us posted on if they install
the hologram or hand it to you.

DHG #3875
Modifications:
BULLITT chase scene recreated on rear dash
with Revell 1/25 scale 68 GT 390 Fastback and
68 Charger R/T metal body models. Unfortunately
the hub caps don't come off the Charger.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PY on 2002-01-12 22:37 ]</font>
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

What and where is the 2nd sticker?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
What I want to know is how long Ford plans on keeping the stickers around? Lets say I need it in ten years, will it have been trashed by then?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Merc 50 , I cant answer that question. Maybe you should e mail the guy Mark Wilson posted in this thread for that answer.
Good Luck
Fred

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bullitt 369 on 2002-01-14 14:51 ]</font>

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DantheMan,
The second sticker in on the rear floor pan tunnel under the carpet. Remove the rear seat and pull the carpet forward toward the seats. It should be right there.
Fred

·
Premium Member
18,833 Posts
merc50,
I was worried about that too.
Can you imagine this..."Oh, we can't locate
the third hologram, can you please hold?"

or this..."A hologram sticker?...For a
Bullitt?...What's a Bullitt?...
You will need to call back later, I need to
tend to a 2025 Galaxy owner."

I can easily imagine this happening!
GEEEEZ!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
My take on this. With all the trouble regarding the disappering ink I think We shouldn't be trying to get over on Ford for a scrapbook or souvenier. Like me, I'm sure people at Ford are reading this thread with intrest to see what developes. I would bet the first one who post that the dealer gave up the third sticker without installing it will cause backpeddling by team Mustang in reguards to future sticker repair issues. Mine is intact so far and I will not try to get the third one unless I need it, what I want is a cover or Ford to Clearcoat it to make them liable for any future issues.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am the proud owner of Hologram #3 for Bullitt 00369. I just went back through my scrapbook and found my first e mail to Team Mustang about my damaged sticked dated, Monday June 11, 2001. Wow...that took a long time to get the final results

·
Premium Member
18,833 Posts
Bullitt 369, Congrats! Did they install it
or hand it to you for your scrapbook?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-16 20:53, BULLITT 369 wrote:
I am the proud owner of Hologram #3 for Bullitt 00369. I just went back through my scrapbook and found my first e mail to Team Mustang about my damaged sticked dated, Monday June 11, 2001. Wow...that took a long time to get the final results

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey 369,

Does the sticker say 00369 or just 0369?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts