Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it all finished up yesterday evening. I didn't use their wimpy looking stick,and bolted on my Retro HURST stick with white ball. Feels real good shifting thru the gears,no more 2nd to 5th anymore!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shifter feel is nice and solid. Maybe a touch of gear whine,but thats because of no rubber insulation. Hey just like the good old days......real shifters! In fact, the trans has lost some of it's cold drive off notchieness. With my HURST lever it is real sweet.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Just ordered mine! Can't wait!

Brian

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think that this shifter is the way to go! Tell me how you like it. As soon as I get some cash, I'm gonna grab one. July 1st, car payment due :sad:

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'll let you know how it works. Just got an email that they are back ordered though, and won't ship till June 11.. :sad: Even Steeda is out!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well heck I guess eventually we will all have one of the steeda shifters. Read a lot of good reviews over on Stangnet.com and they have great pictures of there install in there tech section. They purchased a Bullitt that they will be doing a lot of mods to, so it should be interesting, as long as the mods can be reversed. Wouldn't want to damage the resale value on my Bullitt. But then again I aint sellin :smile:

PS: Almost forgot about that plastic jumping out of my wallet and saying charge it !
Thanx Havgun

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a Tri-Ax on my '96. It is a great shifter. It does have one quirk you have to get used to. The double click. There is a click going into neutral. So on a typical shift, you will feel click-click. At first, it takes a little getting used to. Don't be tricked into lifting off the clutch on the first click.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Here is a link to Stang Nets installation of the Tri-Ax shifter on their project Bullitt. http://www.stangnet.com/tech/triax.html
I already have mine in. I preordered it 3 weeks before my car was scheduled to be built and received it three weeks after I took delivery. Now the shifts feel postive and precise. The stock feels like stirring a bowl of sloppy porridge in comparison. I also ordered the same shift knob they used in their project.(look at the comparison pictures) The stock knob takes most of the threading from the lever in the neck of the knob. I liked the fact that the one they used was actually screwed inside the ball eliminating some of the throw distance. Plus now I don't have to worry about my ring scuffing the shift knob and I can preserve the original.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-06-23 02:51 ]</font>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts