Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine had those awful spots on them,on the inside. Dealer has new ones on order. It appears that by removing two flat steel pins,the complete assembly will come out. Anyone try replacing these. Rather do it myself in my shop.

·
Registered
243 Posts
They're not that hard to take out....but I believe most people are waiting until Ford comes up with a fix to the headlamps. As of right now, there's no guarantee the spots won't return on the new ones.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Mine are on order-- and I have it from Ford that the headlights are 'fixed'.

Since June, they are clear.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's very easy to take the headlight assembly out. I've done it, it's a 30 second job with a pair of pliers. I'm waiting to replace mine though until the PROBLEM is resolved, my service managers advise. My service manager owns a DHG with spoted light syndrome and he's waiting too.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I had both of my lenses replaced about a month and a half ago. The spots are comming back on one of them. I don't get it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My headlight on the passenger side was spotted. My dealer ordered and reordered three of them and all were spotted so he took one off of a new mustang on the lot.
Al

DHG #3771

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merlin on 2001-09-23 21:21 ]</font>

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,045 Posts
Merlin, your story is the same as mine awhile back. After the third try, my dealer just took them off of a black Bullitt in the lot and put our spotted ones on it. I wonder if the guy with the black Bullitt notices our spotted lenses yet? :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts