Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

Got new headlight lenses on order.

878 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  TwoStangWmn 
#1 ·
Mine had those awful spots on them,on the inside. Dealer has new ones on order. It appears that by removing two flat steel pins,the complete assembly will come out. Anyone try replacing these. Rather do it myself in my shop.

#2 ·
They're not that hard to take out....but I believe most people are waiting until Ford comes up with a fix to the headlamps. As of right now, there's no guarantee the spots won't return on the new ones.

#4 ·
It's very easy to take the headlight assembly out. I've done it, it's a 30 second job with a pair of pliers. I'm waiting to replace mine though until the PROBLEM is resolved, my service managers advise. My service manager owns a DHG with spoted light syndrome and he's waiting too.

#5 ·
I had both of my lenses replaced about a month and a half ago. The spots are comming back on one of them. I don't get it.

#7 ·
My headlight on the passenger side was spotted. My dealer ordered and reordered three of them and all were spotted so he took one off of a new mustang on the lot.
Al

DHG #3771

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merlin on 2001-09-23 21:21 ]</font>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.