Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the negative economic news and layoffs in the IT sector I thought I'd share my little happy story. This week I was promoted from senior mainframe operator and team leader to data center manager. What makes it even sweeter is that I was offered the position two days before my birthday. I can now say I made it into management before age 30... barely.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Congrats, as there is not much of that going on within the industry. I'm struggling to keep the staff of 4 I have now, which supports 17 servers and ~550 PCs from Michigan to Mexico.

Again congrats and happy B-day.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
mucho congrats Rob!! that's awesome news when things get tougher!
they just layed 3 people off here at work last week and one guy left for another company!

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Good deal! Cograts!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Hey stinkfinger,

You and nasty should get together and tell us some tells. At least you two have the the most "creative" handles. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
418 Posts
That is good news, But beware and save some of that money, I just heard Boeing may hit 93,000 more in 02, This come right out of a Boeing Fab site in LA. I only planned on a 6 month savings, I hit 6 months today........The company may be different but beware, I was told 3 months before I got it I'd watch the doors close...Friends,Girlfriends and Wives are still there....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats! As for me, I'm just real glad to still be getting a paycheck. My office that used to have 26 people now only has 7.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts