Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But, Bullitt was safe and sound in my garage. My new Expedition took the hit while sitting at a red light. I had a few scrapes and dents in the rear bumper GT didn't fair so well. Points on his license, insurance rates, front bumper, headlights, aftermarkeet billet grille, and aftermarket 3" cowl hood, aand custom paint job not to mention both of his airbags, were victims. Pretty sure the kid got a ticket as well. Too bad becasue the car looked pretty good, and he was a decent sort.

That was the 1st time I'd ever seen airbags deployed in an accident up close and personal. I hadn't even thought about them,and my 1st thought was he was on fire with the smoke and packing powder fogging his interior.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-07 18:10, TXBullitt wrote:
my 1st thought was he was on fire with the smoke and packing powder fogging his interior.

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I have heard that people often think the car is on fire with all the powder and smoke. Getting hit (or hitting someone), airbags exploding towards you, the disorientation, I am sure many people think FIRE!!!!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Atleast everyone was ok! And the BUllitt was at home. I would say that the gt didnt fair to well against your rear. Any how. A lot of people do think that the car is on fire when the air bags do go off from all the powder that is in the pack.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh,yeah. Having airbags deploy is not a pleasant experience. BLT#4813 was rear-ended about 6wks ago and pushed into a 2 day old 2001 Z24. My passenger and I thought the interior was on fire. We were later told that the powdery film floating around was normal. I can say that the rear bumber on these cars are very well built to absorb quite an impact. The Bullitt has been repaired (by the dealership) but will need additional adjustments here and there. Yeah, its a crying shame to have a beautiful ride just 2 months before some fool attempts to ruin your pride and joy. But, thats life. Im very fortunate in many ways...#4813 still rollin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts