Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have the stock gear removed from the housing,not to bad a deal taking it apart.The synthetic gear lube is kind of a milky gray color.One intresting find was,there were no thin side shims found behind the carrier bearings...just one thick,.265 and .279 shim on either side. Was hoping for some thin ones in there to help balance the backlash. However,I have a huge selection of them,that came with the kit. Part II of gear swap will take place tomorrow. Oh and the rear brake calipers are really simple to remove! Need to make up a tool to hold the pinion flange,while torquing it up for install. Driveshaft weighs 22 lbs. for the record.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not that big of a deal. I build production equipment for a living,plus do all my 9 inch rears,engines and so on. Just have to keep the parts clean,and watch your tolerances,and pay attention to the little details. The stock driveshaft was 22 lbs.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmmmmm.....Minor hang up on the ring gear bolts. Seems the new bolts that come in the Summitt(RATECH) installation kit have the standard small,5/8s head on them,instead of the stronger and correct Ford bolt with 3/4 head. This gives more support. Will call the guys at Raceparts,in NC,for the right bolt. Always something!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts