Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the bullitt in to get tuned today and man it sure did make a difference.

Stock pull....279.61hp
303.15 torque

Tuned pull....288.95hp
308.73 torque

I also put some new lower control arms and they really do work. That back end stayed on the ground. I know that it isn't that big of a jump in horsepower, but the car drives so much better and it just wants to go and go. The exhaust also sounds better too..don't know why but my wife made a comment about it when I came home. I think I finally decided on a nitrous kit instead of the supercharger, and I hope to have that installed in a few weeks. Once the nitrous is in, then I guess the only thing left is some nice longtube headers...

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Things to "Possibly" consider............

Chemicalman said:

Stock pull....279.61hp
303.15 torque

Tuned pull....288.95hp
308.73 torque

I also put some new lower control arms and they really do work. That back end stayed on the ground. I know that it isn't that big of a jump in horsepower, but the car drives so much better and it just wants to go and go. The exhaust also sounds better too..don't know why but my wife made a comment about it when I came home. I think I finally decided on a nitrous kit instead of the supercharger, and I hope to have that installed in a few weeks. Once the nitrous is in, then I guess the only thing left is some nice longtube headers...
Nelly,

Here are some thoughts/suggestions for You........

(1)4:10 Gears from FRPP ........

(2) Go with the 75 HP NOS Kit.......

There is a guy on IMBOC from Chicago that this past weekend ran into another

2008 Bullitt Owner at a car show.

That guy has the 4:10 Gears, 75 HP NOS, his Own Tune, running Cheater Slicks

and turning like 11:60s in the 1/4 Mile. His front tire comes up off the ground

when running the Bullitt.

Also the guy (Removed) the Bullitt H-Pipe and Cats and went with another Mid Pipe

and kept the Bullitt Mufflers. He also has the New "Thumpr" Comp Cams that he

installed himself.

Just some things to think about possibly while you are in the Planning Mode.

Terry (tigerhonaker)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Chemicalman said:

Stock pull....279.61hp
303.15 torque

Tuned pull....288.95hp
308.73 torque

Chris-- We need to get together, I haven't seen you guys in a while. Patrick at PSI is going to tune the car and put Kooks LT headers hopefully this week. What control arms did you go with? He was pointing me towards Metco.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Chemicalman said:

Stock pull....279.61hp
303.15 torque

Tuned pull....288.95hp
308.73 torque

What octane were you running on those pulls?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wbihm225 said:
Chris-- We need to get together, I haven't seen you guys in a while. Patrick at PSI is going to tune the car and put Kooks LT headers hopefully this week. What control arms did you go with? He was pointing me towards Metco.
Hey Wayne,

I went with the Metco lower control arms and boy did they make a difference. I am off this weekend and if you want to drive to car and see how it feels I have no problem with that. My buddy with the GT/CS just got some headers put on a while back..might be the same ones..and they sound awesome. Hell I was suprised how well the stock exhaust sounded after the tune. Pat had his nitrous for sale but my buddy with the GT/CS went ahead and grabed it up..put I will have it put on soon...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
08_0067 said:
What octane were you running on those pulls?
I was runing 93...the only thing she has ever gotten. It is a lot easier on the wallet to put 93 in the car when it is not your everday car.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tigerhonaker said:
Nelly,

Here are some thoughts/suggestions for You........

(1)4:10 Gears from FRPP ........

(2) Go with the 75 HP NOS Kit.......

There is a guy on IMBOC from Chicago that this past weekend ran into another

2008 Bullitt Owner at a car show.

That guy has the 4:10 Gears, 75 HP NOS, his Own Tune, running Cheater Slicks

and turning like 11:60s in the 1/4 Mile. His front tire comes up off the ground

when running the Bullitt.

Also the guy (Removed) the Bullitt H-Pipe and Cats and went with another Mid Pipe

and kept the Bullitt Mufflers. He also has the New "Thumpr" Comp Cams that he

installed himself.

Just some things to think about possibly while you are in the Planning Mode.

Terry (tigerhonaker)
Hey Terry,

Thanks for the advice...I was really thinking hard about a 4:10 gear. I figured that the 3:73 gears that it came with are enough for me..the only other thing is to decide about the nitrous,and 75 - 100 is what I am looking for. I also want to widen the back wheels a little bit and lower the car about 1 inch all the way around. I really think that the car would handle so much better... I guess I am done after that..execpt for some appearance mods...

Nelly

·
Registered
419 Posts
I would love to but this weekends is my anniversary and the boss would give me more than a hairy eye.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I think this car could really use a 4.10 gear. I might even go 4.30 when the time comes. I know it will kill my quarter mile time with the extra shift but it would be a blast on the street. Don't forget that this car has tall tires so a 3.73 in this car is more like a 3.55 in an SN95, and people love 4.10 gears in those cars.

The reality is that I will probably never do anything to this car and just buy a faster stock Mustang when it becomes available and at a sane price.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Just an FYI on the Nitrous.It likes to push against a lower numerical gear as the increase in torque makes fo a STRONG curve,Actually a flat not a curve:lol:
Back in the time of my 78' LT1 equipped Malibu I found that the extremely broad torque band was better suited to 3:73 gears than say a 4:30.The taller gear gave it more time to stay under the curve so to speak.
Nitrous is like crack for gearheads:smile:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Zarcero said:
Who did the work for you? How many miles do you have on her now?

Hey Mike,

It's been a while..how you been? I got about 1600 miles on her and that is alot for me.. PSI on HWY3 and NASA RD 1 did the work and I am very happy. Patrick is the owner and the number is (281)557-2874.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Chemicalman said:
Hey Mike,

It's been a while..how you been? I got about 1600 miles on her and that is alot for me.. PSI on HWY3 and NASA RD 1 did the work and I am very happy. Patrick is the owner and the number is (281)557-2874.
Mike-- I took a ride with Chris this afternoon and all I can say is whoooa its got some pull now. The throttle response is night/day from mine. I think I need a back brace :lol: after getting thrown back into the seat. Chris'car rocks. When I got back in mine I all I was thinking about was how slow the throttle response was to his car. Hopefully Patrick will be able to get me in next week for the tune/L.T. headers. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Chemicalman said:
Hey Mike,

Sounds great! I may go talk to them. Have you had any dealing with G-Force?

I've been in and out (oilfield stuff in Africa), also been riding the motorcycle. Lots of fun. I've got just over 1k miles on my Bullitt. Need to take some road trips!

Mike

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Zarcero said:
Sounds great! I may go talk to them. Have you had any dealing with G-Force?

I've been in and out (oilfield stuff in Africa), also been riding the motorcycle. Lots of fun. I've got just over 1k miles on my Bullitt. Need to take some road trips!

Mike

Hey Mike,

G-force is nice but they are really more into Corvettes than mustangs. Everyone over at PSI is certified as a ford mechanic. Those guys really do know what they are talking about when it comes to Fords. Either way you go just make sure that you are happy with the work done....

Chris

1 - 20 of 24 Posts