Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 DHG, Electronics package, Recaros, black wrap hood, roof, trunk, 3M front incl A pillar.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, flew from Ottawa Ontario to Edmonton Alberta last Thursday, signed the paperwork, got in the car for the 1st time and pointed it east. 4 1/2 days and 3,600kms later, Monday evening I rumbled into my driveway. Great way to get to know your new ride. We bonded!! My previous run to collect an unseen buy was to Costa Mesa, took a couple of day more to get home but was a MUCH MORE scenic route to say the least. Anyway made with no mishaps, other than 6 (!) small stone chips in the windshield. The roads were still pretty grainy from the winter/early spring. She's shining like a new morning now in her own bay...waiting for sunny days, lol.

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Ahh, the long plains of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba ! Damn the 110 kph speed limit on the TransCanada. You were up early for that beautiful sunrise, nice!
I still remember first run with 08 BLLTT from Maryland to FL. We too bonded then...

·
Registered
2020 DHG, Electronics package, Recaros, black wrap hood, roof, trunk, 3M front incl A pillar.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh, the long plains of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba ! Damn the 110 kph speed limit on the TransCanada. You were up early for that beautiful sunrise, nice!
I still remember first run with 08 BLLTT from Maryland to FL. We too bonded then...
Haha, yea, the 110kph is OK, but the 90kph from the Ontario border ALL THE WAY to Petawawa, ( 2 days driving...) really sucks. Did get pretty good milage though, bonus since fuel was running around 1.40ltr for the cheap stuff!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good drives are always better in a Bullitt.
Our first drive home from Ford Dealer in Pittsburg PA home to Maryland ended in a snow storm and had to park off the road for 2 days!
IMG_6668.jpg
I was lucky, able to stay ahead of a big winter blast coming off the Rockies...dumped over 25cms on Thunder Bay the day after I sailed thru there in sunshine and +15c...lucky, or else I would definitely have been parked for a couple of days at least!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's some road warrior stuff there. Long drive.
Yea...was long days, fuel was expensive...and scarce. Hotels were sketchy, brought a pillow and blanket in case I had to sleep in the car, Covid had a lot of them closed. Glad I didn’t have to try to nap in the Recaros, and forget the back seats, lol. But found rooms, not pretty to look at but seemed pretty clean...glad to be home!

·
Premium Member
804 Posts
Congrats on the sweet steed & way to break 'er in - enjoy that new ride!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Awesome and Welcome aboard!

·
Administrator
6,426 Posts
Very nice! Feel free to get your car included on the owner registry thread by completing this form.

·
Administrator
6,426 Posts
Also, if you are interested in learning more about your Bullitt, check out my book on all 3 models for sale at this website.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also, if you are interested in learning more about your Bullitt, check out my book on all 3 models for sale at this website.
Book looks interesting Tony, ordered it yesterday. Postage is annoying, $30.00CA. Can't wait for the border to open so I can access the 'Ship it Shop' again!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Well done- enjoy her. I did a similar, yet much shorter trip when I bought my '09 GT500 a bunch of years back. Bought it online, flew from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Dallas, TX, grabbed the keys and took off. Drove her home all by myself over the next 2 days, bonding all along the way. Made for a great experience as I got to see what the car was worth and enjoyed some scenery I'd never seen before.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Totally agree! My first ‘sight unseen’ purchase was 12yrs ago, Costa Mesa CA. Took 6 days driving to get that ‘green machine’ home. Now that was some scenery! California, Arizona, Utah ( my fav ), Colorado...New York State, etc. made lots of memories and a couple of ‘close call’ stories’ LOL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts